Rock Band 4 |OT| All previous Rock Bands go offline on January 24th, RB4 will require an Epic Account

Back in the good ol days of the 360. There was a great website that you could put all the songs you owned and it would make a super great kareoke book.

I now have oodles more of DLC so I need to reprint it. Any of you folks recall the link to website/tool?

https://dlcquickplay.com/ is what you’re thinking of!

1 Like

This isnt exactly the website but this might work thanks mate

Select and save all of your songs in ‘Songs’ ->‘My DLC.’

Go to ‘Songs’ → ‘Export’

Select your ‘Game’ options and choose ‘Karaoke PDF Booklet’ in ‘Format.’ Export.

Select your PDF Options. Click 'Generate PD

(there was another site that generated songbooks but it’s no longer online)

1 Like

Ah gotcha. Thanks mate

While I’m fortunate enough to own the 360 gear including the pro guitar, Rock Band 4 has always been impossible to find.

Hopefully one day I can get access to the kit.

1 Like

Unfortunately the chip shortage precludes them making any more instruments even if they had the demand for them. Some people have taken to disassembling broken Rock Band drum kits that have broken pads/etc but a working brainboard and soldering wires to connect it up to an e-kit

2 Likes

Rock Band 4 is now 7 years old and Rock Band overall is now 15 years old, and … still getting DLC!

For this week they’ve celebrated by rewinding (making a former disc song available as DLC) a bunch of tracks from Rock Band 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzyNf2uw3xA

• Beastie Boys - Sabotage
  • Boston - Foreplay/Long Time (this also completes the Boston album as DLC after 14 years)
  • Fall Out Boy - Dead on Arrival
  • Queens of the Stone Age - “Go With The Flow”
  • The Smashing Pumpkins - “Cherub Rock”

Additionally, they’ve made a catch up pack that includes all the Rock Band 1 Rewind tracks so far, so this one has the above songs and and adds:

• Foo Fighters - Learn to Fly
  • Radiohead - Creep
  • Weezer - Say It Ain’t So
  • David Bowie - Suffragette City
  • NIN - The Hand That Feeds
  • Coheed and Cambria - Welcome Home
  • The Killers - When You Were Young
  • The Who - Won’t Get Fooled Again
  • Bon Jovi - Wanted Dead or Alive
  • The Strokes - Reptilia
  • Blue Oyster Cult - Don’t Fear the Reaper

If you missed the Rock Band 1 export it’s a solid pack all around. The packs are exclusive to Xbox, the songs are still available as singles on Playstation.

Addtionally, the previous week they rewound “Rainbow in the Dark” by Dio from Rock Band 3 if you want to pick that one up to and missed the RB3 export.

And about a month or two ago saw the release of The Man Who Sold the World (Live) by Nirvana:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPwj0LFoBZQ

Someone in the community also made a replacement site for RBDB since it’s been offline for a good while now. Lots of filtering options and works great

https://rb4.app

3 Likes

I really do love this game and ddr… wish both another 15 years of fun

Rock Band 4 will require an Epic Account starting on January 15th to play online, view and post to leaderboards, use Taunts, or engage with Rivals.

They are also taking Rock Band 1-3’s “Rock Central” offline. This will have the largest impact on PS3 (Wii RB is long dead) where it’s online multiplayer will stop working. It’s the current belief that RB1, 2, and 3 on Xbox 360 will continue to work online as they used 360 Live standard multiplayer matchmaking there, but the stores and leaderboards will be offline on both platforms. This also finally means Blitz is truly dead; while the game works offline, there’s no powerups available offline so you’re never hitting any of your old high scores :frowning:

You will continue to be able to buy 360/PS3 era DLC via the console or web stores; it’s just the convenient in-game store that’s going offline. If you want DLC on both platforms, remember on Xbox to specifically buy the 360 version to get the One/Series entitlement. On Playstation you can buy it in RB4 and it will give you the PS3 entitlement.

Note: This is the largest update to the Rock Band 4 client in 5 years, so this is a good sign for Epic actually supporting Rock Band as they could have easily decided it was not worth the effort and just stopped releasing DLC and Rivals challenges when sunsetting Rock Central (which RB4 also ran on until this change). It is not an easy undertaking to convert RB4 over to EOS as it uses a custom internal Harmonix engine called Forge.

2 Likes