Review | The Gunk

Pretty much.

It’s okay, you can say that us Brits are weird lol. It’s not like Hoover’s are that popular now.

Yeah it was a good and informative review and I promise I will get round to playing it.

Just completed it, I really enjoyed it. One of them games I can see the flaws but the overall game is enjoyable despite them.

2 Likes

I had a lot of fun playing last night and intend to finish this one now, as it is a pretty chill experience that is satisfying for me when clearing out the gunk :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you.

Thank you too.

1 Like

Finished this in about 5 hours maybe going for most side activities and collectibles along the way.

Feels like 7/10 is about right if not too high. A 5 or 6 feels apt. Didn’t really enjoy the game all that much but I had nothing else to do and time to kill so I played it.

“Perfect for game pass” is both fitting and something I don’t really agree with. It’s weird. I didn’t lose anything other than my own time (which again was no biggie), so that was nice. It wasn’t too long though it could’ve been shorter or at least more interesting\challenging towards the end for its length.

But on the other hand I don’t really want to see smaller and mediocre games be filler content for game pass. I’ve played lots of great little gems on GP this year, like Genesis Noir and Unpacking, and they’re unique in some way that makes experiencing it worthwhile. The Gunk doesn’t really do anything unique. Nothing was really memorable.

Some are enjoying it though so I’m glad for them and in their pov it’s probably the right kind of “game pass game”. I’m just a little down on it too cuz I was looking forward to this one for a while

4 Likes

Exactly how I feel too, and it’s unfortunate too because Steamworld Dig 1 and 2 are fantastic. This doesn’t feel like a game by them at all. Uninteresting, almost annoying characters. Becks especially brings nothing to the table, the conversations overall between the two bring nothing really.

Gameplay itself becomes very samey way too soon too, and the same can be said about the locations as well. Steamworld had interesting characters, story, locations , gameplay, humor, it had it all. Just like you I was looking forward to it, you expect something special after two really great games by them. This ain’t it chief. :frowning:

Also agreed about the whole “perfect for Game Pass” I don’t want that either. It’s sometimes easy to say…ah well, it’s on Game Pass I didn’t really exactly buy this game. But that shouldn’t become an excuse. I’m sure it won’t.

4 Likes

I just hit credits on this game.

I ended up enjoying it more than I had expected: final puzzles and fight were really really cool. I also think graphics were really good for a modest title. Also, controls are really polished, animations not so much tho (especially in cutscenes).

This game perfectly exemplifies one of the reasons why Game Pass is amazing: it allows me to try and enjoy short and weird games that are interesting experiencies in the end.

We also need more 5-hourish games!!

I am happy rn :smiley:

3 Likes

After an intense week of playing Halo Infinite campaign this was exactly the game it needed for me. Chill charming game, with almost no fighting and relaxing gameplay. Took me 6 hours to beat it without going for the full 1000 GS.

I really recommend it. One of the reasons I love Game Pass!

5 Likes

I finished it last night and really enjoyed it after having played some larger games before it. However, when playing it, I had the feeling that I had already seen the story before. Does it seem familiar to anyone else? I am uncertain if it was from a game or movie but like I said the story seemed familiar.

1 Like

I’m playing it now and am enjoying it ok. One thing I don’t like is I find myself getting turned around pretty easily and backtracking. I kind of wish there was a compass dot thing, but I suppose exploring is part of the fun!

I keep thinking about Andromeda with the scanning, material gathering and ancient alien civilization.

It’s basically Wall-E or The Lorax lol

Im about a bit halfway through the game and its about what I expected which is good I imagine. Great gamepass game if thats even a thing.

Finished the game.

Pretty fun and chill but kinda weird that last 3 chapter segment because they felt very repetitive (Garden portions).