Review | Street Fighter 6

Summary

I wish I could choose from other users created players like in Saints Row. Aww well the randomizer gave me this weirdo :laughing:

Never mind I accidentally pressed the randomization button before finalizing. This is me now…

Summary

…and I immediately sit down and start playing Street Fighter 2

1 Like

Bet that will come in handy for Exoprimal.

1 Like

I get a message that says “Cannot play as required downloadable content was not found.” when I try to play World Tour. Guess maybe I have to wait and the New Zealand trick doesn’t work for the single player game, only the online pvp hub area. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Look at the install menu. Modes are separate downloads.

1 Like

Nice :+1: thanks

1 Like

Anyone else running into communication errors? The game keeps looping through the start menu trying to connect.

the lobby mode in fighting ground (not the battle hub) does not support crossplay wtf??? lobbies in sfv (and nearly every other fg that supports crossplay) allows. huge step back.

edit: nvm, fighting ground lobbies are crossplay.

1 Like

So obviously this is the year of the fighting game. Mortal Kombat, Tekken, and Street Fighter. I’m assuming there might be a few Xbox people in the market for Arcade/fighting sticks.

I recommend the Hori Fighting Stick Alpha Series S/X

Yes, you can use it in the open world parts. In the Hori App make sure you already have the controller in mode 2 before assigning the joystick controls to the default, replacing the d-pad settings. You only need to do this once and the controller remembers several different controller configurations so switching back to the default mode 1 is as easy as moving the switch. :peace_symbol:

5 Likes

Just in case anyone does use the Hori Fighting Stick alpha (or other fighting sticks for that matter) for this game. It’s useful to know the right stick button reorientates the camera direction when you’re walking around the open world.

2 Likes

Coming from SFIV I really need to get those Drives and Super Arts into my system. Keep forgetting to use them.

Also unsure which character fits me, I liked Rose cause her mechanics were simple I guess. Besides looking cool ofc. Here I like Manon so far but she seems very technical/complicated. Might focus on JP next as he seems to be a bit more straightforward.

Not really liking World Tour, it feels like a waste of time running around the open world and getting into 5-10 second fights with gang members all the time. But as it seems there’s alt costumes to be found I guess I need to keep playing it.

2 Likes

So far I’m vibing with Luke and Lily.

Is there an Xbox Era club yet?

1 Like

I’m still pretty early in my time with it, but I love it so far. Very Yakuza like but also with its own style. Street Fighter will probably never usurp Tekken, Soul Calibur, Mortal Kombat, and Dead or Alive from my Mount Rushmore of fighters but this is a good show and definitely caught my attention. Actually I found myself wondering why it was Capcom that did this first and not Sega with Virtua Fighter. The bar has been raised for NetherRealms / Mortal Kombats Krypt. Like I said I’m still pretty early but a lot of fun so far :peace_symbol:

1 Like