Review | Hogwarts Legacy

This look fantastic, looking forward to finally playing it. My son will be over the moon, he recently completed all the books too.

Personally will hold off for the PC version until the performance issue are ironed out.

Looks good. Will wait till I can get a second hand copy for cheap though.

The obvious troll who joined just to be a troll has been removed. Carry on.

10 Likes

I watched a clip from Jorraptor and says and shows there’s a big graphical difference in the modes. 60fps is great for performance, but takes a huge hit when it comes to lighting. I saw a huge difference. If this is truly how it is I’m definitely going with the mode that has all visual bells and whistles.

Lighting looked flat in the 60fps part and impressive in the part where its 30fps.

Did you notice this too? @Doncabesa @FairyEmpire?

Weren’t the last gen and Switch delayed? This could be an indication.

Yep, to April.

Turn off aim/camera acceleration and turn up sensitivity and the game feels farrrrrrbetter.

10 Likes

I have seen those recommendations popping up in many places. Why is that? Bug?

It just makes it feel smooth, the camera moves at the same speed and doesn’t ramp up. The system used here starts slow then goes real fast, so it feels laggy at first, if you turn this off it is a consistent and better feeling look speed.

2 Likes

Last gen to april. Switch in June.

Read a rumour on Facebook suggesting a Quidditch DLC is not far away.

1 Like

Quidditch would be a great DLC ! I’m curious how they manage to make it interesting to play though.

I played a bit more this weekend and the game already feels like a classic. It’s amazing how massive it is, kind of bloated, but also rewarding. Everything is handcrafted and detailed. And design and UI is A+ !

My only gripe is the performance. It definetely needs some tweaking. The game reloads the textures everytime you get out of the menu and everything looks like mud for half a second, it’s distracting.

Almost 40 hours in and I have had some technical issues since my last post. Two times I was stuck and had to reload the save file. I used the revelo spell that highlights everything outside Hogwarts next to the dock and fell through the world dying and “trying again”. Have had two enemy encounters with numerous enemies and there was massive slowdown and frame rate drops. It was bad.

Quidditch as free DLC post launch would be great and there could be expansions because if you look at the world map, it’s a square but two corners are empty. Unless they fill out during the base game, those empty spaces could be for future expansions and whatnot.

Overall, im still enjoying the game but I am starting to get fatigued from the open world stuff and im not a fan of respawning enemies after I clear out bandit camps. It’s annoying. Also, I don’t like that I can’t have all my spells assigned to a button. Instead of manual aiming with LT, this should have been like RT and the face buttons where you would assign more spells. Would be a total of 32 instead of 16 while still keeping a few assigned to the directional pad like revilio.

Level 28 and really want my Dark Arts spells because im definitely using them. Hehehe. Also wish the healing wasn’t an animation. So many times during combat, I press down and my character doesn’t get healed because the animation has to be done for it to be triggered. This is weird to me because well, it’s magic based so why can’t I just press the button and he’s automatically healed? I know this can’t change but man, it’s annoying.

1 Like