Project Suerte: A Monster Hunter-like co-op game by Certain Affinity, published by XGS

I mean I stand by this sentiment. MH:W is ace but like you say the MP/Co-op is such a total unmittigated faff.

If they manage that , and they go for the “depth” in MHW versus Dauntless it can’t not be good.

2 Likes

For me it’s the opposite. Every MH clone fails to live up to MH for me. I played God Eater and Dauntless and they were fine, but I only put in 30 or so hours into them then go back to MH where I have 1000s of hours.

MHW somehow screwed up the lobby system and stuff like that when it was all perfectly fine on the 3DS. Idk what they were doing there.

God Eater kinda fell off for me as well when I played it. It just didn’t catch me. Dauntless was ok but I felt like it didn’t feel as deep as MH does.

1 Like

Yeah, and I just realized I misread your post lol. I read it as that you enjoyed the clones more than actual MH. So yeah again I agree with the clones not living up to MH for me too.

I think the thing is that the clones are trying to do something unique with it when MH already perfected the formula. It seems making it “faster paced” is typical from the clones I played, which already crossed into “not why I play MH” territory.

2 Likes

Totally, Dauntless wore on me after 20 or so hours as well. I think they try and aim for the “quick match” too much too.

Big thing that the MH clones usually fail to do is make monsters memorable. I cant remember a single monster from dauntless, yet I can easily remember lagicarus (which I haven’t fought since MH3U).

My favourite monster in world is breakdancing thunder wolf, and yet loads of people will know who that is, because the monsters are memorable

3 Likes

2024 release… MHW2 might actually be set for that year lol.

1 Like

I am really excited by this rumor, as I loved my time in Monster Hunter World.

1 Like

I just hope they go with realistic visuals.

I absolutely loved MHW but the online capabilities were a serious letdown. Missing out on the beta was one thing but the game ended up nearly unplayable on a network/online level for the first week(s). Still poured over 500 hours into that game including the Iceborne expansion. Dauntless wasn’t able to captivate me at all but I only played it pre-Epic acquisition so I have no idea where that stands now.

I’m all for this honestly. If the networking and controls are fine, I see myself playing this for a long time.

Just not the “Dauntless aesthetic” (aka Fortnite aesthetic aka “Free to Play aesthetic”)

That was basically an ensure that I wasn’t going to play that game for long lmao

And I hope they aren’t afraid to make it hardcore/difficult.

1 Like

edit: I wonder if maybe this is actually not for the Monster Hunter-style game. Maybe it’s instead a new fighting game? I say that because: A) In response to someone jokingly saying it’s a hockey game, Hoberman responds with “Well, hard-hitting!” And B) Something about the character designs (especially the top and bottom) gives me a fighting game vibe.

2 Likes

I’m getting a feeling of a RT tactics or XCOM style game. Don’t ask me why, I’m just getting that feeling :laughing:

1 Like

‘Hard hitting’ simply evokes anything that’s physically or emotionally impactful. That’s literally it.

If it was a game published by Xbox (Project Suerte) they wouldn’t show it that way, would they?

someone just ask jez if it’s porject suerte or not.

Hopefully there is an off-line feature, so you can play the game solo if you want, just have your team mates be NPCs instead.

There is an informative interview with Certain Affinity founder Max Hoberman. In the last section he reveals they have 3 projects 2 are co-development while the third one is self-funded but not yet pitched to any publisher. Biggest project is with 343i and revolves around Halo Infinite. If Project Suerte is indeed one of them then they are co-developing it and he believes it will be announced in December. Any way the interview is linked below.

6 Likes

Yeah I’m not gonna believe this rumor of it being an Xbox exclusive published by Xbox until it’s official

3 Likes