Playstation Plus revamp announced, Jim Ryan explains why Sony cannot currently offer day and date games in service

The announcement would’ve been less bad if they put an emphasys on the PS1-PS3 catalogues being updated with new titles every a few months. like what Xbox did with their BC program.

2 Likes

I mean they have 60% of yearly subscibers for a reason…

A whole lot of nothing.

3 Likes

ouch

15 Likes

Sony obviously was not going to do day one games, but this service seems half baked and as Grubb said, very cynical.

Do you not think that’s inevitable though?

My PS3 can play my PS2 and 1 games without a subscription.

Actually, so can my Series X. What a joke.

10 Likes

If Game Pass truly dominates and Sony cannot hold off, yes. He is speaking out of both sides of his mouth. Playstation wants to charge an arm and a leg for games but does not know how long that will be viable.

After TV TV TV fiasco… Xbox has PS cornered with Live services and Subscription service

PS is already behind in these key areas and they have accepted so as well

2 Likes

if there was a time to drop live gold

5 Likes

Lmao I first said “what does he mean?!” and then instantly remembered, it even has PSP :risi:

2 Likes

I wonder what third party games are gonna be there. And which big ones are gonna be exclusive to these new tiers.

2 Likes

I use my Vita to emulate PS1 games, and PS2 emulation on PC is excellent nowadays. The only thing Sony could really offer is native PS3 games, but they seemingly can’t be bothered to put in the effort.

So as expected, Sony will try to battle Gamepass from advertising perspective only

They may advertise Final Fantasy 16 coming to PS plus premium and make the service look equivalent to Gamepass but in true nature it will just be a time limited trail version

Sony is smart in this regard

2 Likes

Yeah, maybe some are being a bit too negative too quickly. I mean these existing PS5 exclusives are nice but Plus already has those, but maybe they’ll add HFW after a few months and GT7, probably not soon though.

But those major publishers they are talking, how often will they get bigger games and how recent are they? That could potentially be a difference between Game Pass and this. And are those PS5 games as well?

Bro, they’re not gonna do for 3rd party what they admittedly “can’t” do yet for 1st party :skull:

9 Likes

lol

1 Like

I dunno Jim, I think you might be full of :poop:

1 Like

Yeah… I think I’ll pass.

3 Likes