PlayStation 5 |OT| This SSD has no limits

Same. I have A LOT of PSP games from claiming all of them on PS+, and I bought a shit load of PS1 classics on my PS3.

1 Like

Going by what the blog post says, it seems like it’s an incomplete list and they’ll add more over time:

Also, players who have previously purchased the digital version of select games from the original PlayStation and PSP generation will not have to make a separate purchase or sign up to PlayStation Plus to play these titles on PS4 or PS5. When these titles are released for PS4 and PS5, players can head to PlayStation Store and download a version for the consoles at no extra cost if they already own the digital version of the title. Some of the titles will also be available for individual purchase.

Additionally, some remastered classics from previous console generations will be added to the PlayStation Plus Premium/Deluxe plan. Below is an early look at a selection of games that will be available.

Which is good because that is indeed a weak list.

Also this is interesting, is this the kind of thing NSO does? With the rewind and save states?

PlayStation Plus Premium/Deluxe members will have a selection of popular classic games to play, with some titles that will show improved frame rates and higher-quality resolution compared to their original launch versions. For select original PlayStation and PSP classic games, members will also enjoy a new user interface with menus that allow you to save your game at any time, or even rewind the game if you want a do-over.

All said, this seems like a pretty decent offering at a glance. I’m pleasantly surprised, given how slow and stingy Sony have been lately. Not enough to get my interest, but good for the people in the ecosystem. And if they do honor past purchases and let me access my old library without putting down any cash then that’s good in my book (though I would prefer to just have one big Xbox library).

Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

Ps1/ps2 library is horrific

Where the hell is all of those classic jrpgs? Legend of Dragoon? Xenogears? Suikoden II? Vagrant story? Wild arms? Tales of eternia? Tales of abyss?

Where gow collection hd? It was on ps now

Theyev got the same ps2 hd games they had on ps4. And the same ps1 games on that crappy ps1 mini

Utteraly lazy

And only 3 pa5 games for the highest 18 dollar per month tier?

Are yo kidding me?

Id like to see people defend it. An absolute scam

I was sort of looking forward to what theyd do with some classics. Im not even gonna test trial this.

1 Like

No interest in PS+ since there’s no exclusives day one but if Sony can manage to get a third party game im interested in day one, I will subscribe for the month to play and complete the game, then cancel my subscription.

Lol so basically exactly how I predicted it. Right again.

1 Like

Fuck Sony

Fuck Jim Ryan.

6 Likes

Don’t mind me, I’m just watching this unfold from the peanut gallery.

Oh and imo Jim Ryan’s position is probably the safest position in the entirety of Sony.

1 Like

Good. Let him stay in charge. Will get hounded out soon like Kutaragi after the PS3 Debacle.

Potentially good news for PlayStation owners, but as the saying goes don’t count your chickens yet. I could swear we had tweets about marketing and launch for Starfield too. But maybe this is different, dunno. Fwiw, Jaffe doesn’t believe in 2022 at all for it.

Most of these games are third party games no? You see, PS1 and PS2 libraries are legendary but most of the games there are third party games from various publishers (mainly japanese). So you cannot just bring those games back easily if at all.

They will probably continue to expand the library but don’t expect much. I have said in the past but basically Playstation has always relied on third parties for their content. The content has been coming from Square Enix, Capcom, Konami etc.

1 Like

Yeah, it wasn’t until last gen that their first-party stuff really got up there. There were some good series before, but they really found their groove with the PS4 imo. I do expect them to add a fair bit to the library but the cadence of interesting stuff will be one of the more important factors. I haven’t super been paying attention to Nintendo Switch Online, but I feel like their drops haven’t been especially exciting?

I feel like every time I hear about it, it’s like “Solomon’s Key (NES), Joe and Mac II (SNES), Altered Beast (Megadrive) for April 2021!” If it’s something like that for PlayStation Plus Deluxe or whatever, then I don’t expect much excitement. Lord knows we have some people here calling Xbox doomed every two weeks they don’t announce Elden Ring is joining Game Pass :stuck_out_tongue:

Like you said, Sun, it depends on third-party deals, and it it remains to be seen whether Sony’s pre-established relationships with them will let them really shore up their offerings. I’m just going to keep an eye on the a la carte games myself, since nothing else here seems like a real paradigm shift.

1 Like

Hope it’s true, GOWR has been my most anticipated game since 2018.

Another thing is that a lot of older games has various music licenses, maybe voice acting and other stuff deal that is difficult to bring back too. So even with the relations certain publishers won’t be able to bring back their own games back too.

1 Like

That’s a great point, and it just occurred to me that with industry consolidation, expecting a big third-party back catalogue might not be the smartest idea. There are exceptions like Banjo Kazooie coming out on NSO apparently, but that’s another kettle of fish.

I just dont think sony are doing enough. OG xbox has way less games than ps2. Yet it can still get games like otogi the DOA series timesplittees etc…all 3rd party

Bottom line is Sony just dont give a shit. And they have a ton of first party that they wont put on there either.

Sony are paying Konami a ton of money for SH games…are you telling me it would cost a lot to get the Suikoden games on this service? Cmon now.

1 Like

The funniest part about all this is that Xbox Games with Gold gives away 2 retro titles to keep every single month. That’s 24 games a year. Playstation Plus premium is a joke of a service.

Its more of an insult to their fanbase but most of them wil eat it up

Sony have already convinced people this is better than gamepass. Theyve literally just copy pasted plus and now and gotten rid of a bunch of games and added 3 ps5 games.

4 Likes

It’s too bad more people don’t just buy all three systems. I’ve had the PS5 and Series X since launch 2020 and my Xbox is exciting while my PS5 collects dust. I’m counting the days until 10/27 when my Playstation Plus and Playstation Now subscriptions run out. Good riddance. When you have the different consoles to compare, its clear Xbox is the best ecosystem.