PlayStation 5: Answering your questions on compatible PS4 peripherals

What about the crossgen games tho? Those like Cyberpunk which get a free upgrade. When you upgrade you automaticaly have to blow on you Dualsense so your car engine starts working ingame or what? Why those enhanced games cant use the DS4?

On the same day Sony made people angry with Spiderman on Avengers and DS4. -.-

This is the biggest argument I’m seeing against locking out the DS4 from PS5 games. Its a silly thing that is obviously pushing for more controller sales than driving tech forward.

Great question

All I wanted was for DS4 to work on PS5.

Their excuse for this is lame.

To not even give people the option to use DS4 on the PS5 is pretty poor to be honest.

Bit of a pisser for me. I only have one PS4 controller. I’ll likely buy a PS5 eventually for the few games I like and I could have played with my son. I’ll never buy a PS5 and spend an extra £65 on a controller.

I think playstation is in a position of privilege, were they can get away whit it, but in 2020 you can expect better from a multi national company but whatever.

Been thinking about it and after reading replies saying “but it comes with a controller anyway” why do they even have compatibility at all with the DS4? For the handful of games that can be played together on one console with two controllers?

The optics around cross gen stuff will look even stranger, imagine playing avengers happily with DS4 then downloading the PS5 version when it’s available and having to switch to DS5. It will really underline that this is an arbitrary decision.

A series of threads with lots of good points:

This really disappointed me. Unlike on Xbox, I won’t be able to have instant couch-op on next-gen consoles, neither will I have the chance to put one controller charging while using the other (like I do now on PS4). It’d be a nice convenience to have.

What if I buy a PS5 version of a cross-gen game? Just because it’s PS5, I can’t use my DS4 as a secondary controller, even if the game was designed with the PS4’s and DS4’s capabilities in mind (hence being cross-gen and releasing on PS4 in the first place).

Not to mention you will be able to play the same multiplatform games that are launching on PS5 on a PC, with a DS4… Makes no sense to me.

Greed is the only logical explanation for this move. They clearly want to push more controller sales.