Playercounts, milestones and Game Pass performance (Starfield hits 10M, biggest Bethesda launch ever, Sea of Thieves tops 40M, Forza Horizon 5 38M, The Texas Chain Saw Massacre hits 4M, Minecraft Dungeons hits 25M)

If everyone upgrades to Ultimate then its possible with xCloud.

1 Like

Yeah for sure, and PC is now even a bigger market.

Not sure the servers can handle that :smiley:

Considering simultaneous player counts are likely to be under 250K (looking at popular MP titles as a basis), it might be possible. Iā€™d expect longer queue times.

Phil Spencer hinted it did well compared to Psychonauts 1.

Thatā€™s good. I hope it did well. I loved it.

1 Like

FF16 is going to be a 70 dollar PS5 only game for 6-12 months. Its going to be the worst selling FF game in a while.

Maybe, but itā€™s gonna be one of the first major AAA current-gen only releases

Phil and team better have xcloud ready for the launch of Starfield. No better time to drop the beta time and market hard.

RPGs donā€™t typically have much in terms of twitch game play and will probably translate nicely to streaming.

2 Likes

Problem with xCloud is that itā€™s still dependant on XSX hardware, which is limited by chip shortages still. People already seeing queue times, while a good sign for early adoption, is not a sign that the service is anywhere near being out of Beta. I think MS would prefer to sell more XSX for now than allocate for xCloud.

Yesā€¦ No doubt about that.

I know Starfield will be more popular on PC. Thatā€™s why I predicted more players then FH5

xCloud will surely help, but it is not equal to the install base of xbox one.

Oh ā€¦ so FF16 would be the first Major next gen only title

Didnā€™t FF7R fail to reach FFXV sales numbers?

Last number revealed i think was 5 million in october 2020.

So FF16 is likely to do worse if it launches as a ps5 exclusive, or do we think that it being one if the few current gen only game push sales?

I imagine itll do reasonably well, but square will probably still be dissapointed in it knowing them lmao

Depending if it releases first

We dont have a release date. Could come out before starfield.

Shouldnt have bent over for exclusivity then. And this game isnt even on pc either for 6 months. People cant get ps5s. Ps5 barely had pver 1 million sold in japan might be 2 million by the time this game comes out.

Yeah Square got fucked on this deal. Sony isnā€™t even confident in launching their OWN games as PS5 exclusive but Square accepted a deal that locked them into a PS5 only launch (no PC launch either). Itā€™s at least going to sell badly in Japanā€¦ Xbox release would have made up for it (Western release obviously)