Persona 5, what happened?

Replace 4 Golden with 3 FES. And we have a deal.

I’m the opposite. Persona 4 Golden is very dear to my heart…i put 200+ hours on the Vita version and it was an incredible game. But I have 0 interest in ever playing it again. I’ve had my time with that world story and characters and i’ve had my peace with that. I’m not gonna revisit it unless they make sequels.

5 i never beat because i was never able to play long enough. I was desperate for a Switch version so i could spend more time on it. I was always travelling.

Things are different now but with xbox rumours i’m not going back to Ps4 version.

Either or both, I’ve got hundreds of hours on Golden on VITA and plenty in vanilla P5 too, but ultimately the experience never seems complete without achievements.

Both games are literally free money and no other company would so defiantly sit on it but ATLUS, with their bizarre concept of being traditional. SEGA have given them considerable freedom in that, but that can only really last so long.

I’m fairly confident in Royal being announced this year for Game Pass, I’m willing to continue to shelve my PS4 playthrough and wait it out.

This Thursday the dream still lives and the hope shall never die.

Haha. Aren’t atlus supposed to have some event?

Something to note is that there is an Extended Xbox Showcase on Thursday. Why do I mention this? Because it shows us that they have a lot more in the oven to announce/reveal/show than just what fit into those 90mins. Even for E3 they had an overflow of stuff.

We should be looking at where the most logical places to announce this stuff is. For Persona, I’d wager TGS. For the Kojima thing, TGA’s with Geoff. For some other stuff Gamescom might be best bet. Hell there’s a good chance we get a proper X0 event this year too.

2 Likes

I really don’t get Atlus. Now they announced the new SMT game exclusive for the switch lol I really hope they wake up and realize there’s players that want to play these games on Xbox.

This may be an overreaction, I wasn’t expecting P5R here, but I feel like Atlus missed their chance. I’m kind of over it. The game is older now, too, at least the base game. Like… bring it or don’t. But I will say that Sega needs to tighten the leash on Atlus. They actively lose as much money as they probably make holding their games back from PC, Switch and Xbox.

Also PS3!

You’re only going to make Ed smugger when it happens :sweat_smile:

I really don’t get the appeal of this game. Some sort of semi-creepy highschool dating sim with magic dungeons?

:wink:

2 Likes

1 Like

Yeah, in the west Persona is liked only by fanatics of japanese culture, I am a fan of several anime/manga, but series like Persona are too creepy even for me.

This is another reason why it never clicked with Xbox, the demographic isn’t there. Through game pass people would try it and maybe like it without the price AND demographic barrier.

1 Like

That’s not the focus of the game. The Persona series is more of a JRPG mixed with a bit of Pokémon. And each one has a really good story. P5 is more of a murder mystery and has a lot of twists in it to keep it engaging.

Yes though it does have a semi dating sim if you can call it that, it’s more of romance side quests tbh, that just adds more back story to the main characters. And all of that is completely optional. It’s nothing different than say the romance options in Biowares games.

What you sign up for is the combat and story which is top notch for a JRPG. It’s entirely in Microsoft’s interests to have a series like Persona on Xbox.

This I agree with, I will even try it if it comes to Game Pass.

What is so creepy? The social/relationship aspects?

Persona has proven to be popular among many people even those who don’t like Anime

Theres a reason why Royal is one of the highest rated RPG’s of the las decade.

Also its never been out on Xbox so hard to tell what demographic likes what.

Its a weird comment. Nothing creepy about Persona at all. Its just a well made JRPG with a social aspect to it. You have to actually engage with your friends and bond.

It’s becoming stranger and stranger that Xbox doesn’t have Persona. Like, Xbox can get the really niche Rune Factory… But not Persona. Lol.

These games don’t interest me at all, but I hope it happens for those who are interested in it.

So many current JRPG’s not on Xbox. PErsona will get the most hype because its a genuine GOTY calibur game

But theres

• Ys 8 and Ys9
  • Trials of Cold Steel
  • Disgaea
  • Tales of Beseria
  • 13 Sentinels Aegis Rim
  • Genshin Impact

Thers a lot more

Having said that in the past 6 months Xbox has gotten DQ11 DQ Builders 2 and Octopath

So clearly MS are doing something.

1 Like