Over the past 3 years, Microsoft has announced the revival of 5 legacy IPs. If this trend continues, what should be the next one to return?

Interesting. Seems Phil really loves the MechAssault IP.

Don’t know who could develop it though. Would probably be a 3rd-party studio.

1 Like

I never played Test Drive but as for PGR, I didn’t like racing games until I played it. Back when the OG Xbox launched, it was basically Halo and Madden for me. Eventually in wanting to diversify, I went and picked up PGR and for the first time gave racing games a chance. The kudos system was ridiculously addictive and I’m surprised nobody has copied that system yet. The issue I have with FH’s system is that the points stack no matter what you do. I wish there was a separate set of points you only achieved on races where the only way to stack more points would be to improve previous race scores. The system was brilliant. The encouragement to power slide through turns with less efficiency in order to grab points forced you to have more fun driving.

1 Like

I want a Mechassault in the same style as Titanfall… Perhaps some kind of crossover or something like that.

Sorry, I want Titanfall 3 so bad, lol

1 Like

Give me ryse 2

1 Like

If I recall correctly the rights are a mess. Maybe we would’ve got one by now if it weren’t the case.

I think Banjo is inevitable. A studio being created for the IP isnt out of possiblity.

I would like to see fusion frenzy make it back in. Would be a fun party game even go as far as a mascots from other games. Would fill that E rating void somewhat.

Banjo is a classic and I would love to see that brought back but figured that rather have frenzy back more. Getting some nice platforms back would also be nice but would have to get some good studios on it.

Crimson skies with flight sim tech,smaller world than flight sim, but more happening. Say 1/10th the scale to make travel more bearable for an action game. Outside of that, ask the studio behind the Yakuza games (Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio) for help on story and side stories, as they are great and making sure there is enough to do that isn’t repetitive.

1 Like

I will be on my own here.

But I really like for MS to go back to BLiNX that game was so charming and wonderful only hurt but it feeling a bit unfished and too hard for its own good. I also like to see a sequel to Conkers its sad that no one makes a platform game for adults, we do like platform games you know LOL.

Also, it will never happen, but I so wish MS would remake and remaster Kung Fu Chaos a game that I found better than the Power Stones and was simply wonderful. I love to see a Remake of Midtown Madness 3, Crimson Skies too

I really want a Killer Instinct sequel :frowning:

1 Like

Not their IP, but I’d love for them to work out a deal with Crytek to get a sequel.

Crimson Skies, Shadowrun and Killer instinct would be the IP’s that I’d love MS to give another shot.

Killer instinct especially so, KI was my favourite fighting game this whole gen and so I really need another one, only question is who would develop it.

1 Like

The intent is very clear. I think all of their ips are fair game, it’s likely just a matter of finding the right developers.

Also important to note the new structure they have for the studios where each studio is responsible for managing their ips and working with external partners. This potentially allows them to have multiple teams working to get the ips revived.

Brutal Legend would be great, adapted to play more like the opening, linear section and less like the open world/hub thing with RTYS elements it became.

Maybe Banjo? Quantum Break?

Other than that, MS should focus on new IP.

They honestly don’t have that many old IP I would like to see revived over something new. However, I would like to see chromehounds or something in the Mechwarrior line from first party.

Quantum Break and Ryse are my two. Ms should try buy Ryse IP off Crytek and get The Coalition to make a sequel. Just imagine how good they could make it, it could be a massive graphics showpiece.

1 Like