No price till we are "Weeks away" from release

If Sony is launching later, they can wait longer. But Microsoft will not wait longer than late September.

So if Sony goes mid September, Ms is going last. Otherwise they go first

I think I am in for $500 but if the next gen consoles really are $600 then I may have to rethink if I want to get them this year or not. I need to budget bills and such so weā€™ll see what happens.

1 Like

Im still on the boat that it will be $500 tbh

Iā€™m fine with Sony and MS waiting until 2 weeks before launch for prices. It doesnā€™t change anything.

1 Like

If these consoles come in at $399 then you probably wonā€™t see a price cut for a long time so it there wouldnā€™t be much point in waiting. If they come in at $599+ the price drop will come sooner obviously. I might wait for a Forza bundle or something if they are on the more expensive side.

Or I just may pull the trigger the next time MS Rewards has a gift card sale or a ā€œpoints backā€ bonus on the console.

Instead of waiting each day for announcements, I suggest everyone get ready for 600, which probably is the worst case scenario regarding price. when prices are finally announced, anything less than that, and suddenly you have a little extra money in your pocket. win-win.

3 Likes

I figure this is the most stress-free approach. Budget for your likely worst case scenario, and treat any price under that as savings.

At this point I find it hard to see the desperation for pricing to be announced as anything other than fodder for platform wars - one team is hoping their console is more / less than the other teams. Message boards are going to be a dumpster fire the day pricing is announced, no matter how it goes down and which is less expensive than the other.

Around this time in November, the Series X will be under or around your TV regardless of when the pricing is revealed.

Speaking only for myself, Iā€™d pre-order today, price unknown with billing to occur at time of shipping if it came to that. It wonā€™t of course, but to my point, I just donā€™t care about the price as itā€™s highly unlikely to be any more than the assumed USD$600 and come hell or high water, Iā€™m going to buy the Series X anyway.

2 Likes

$600 and Iā€™m getting the Series S instead.

As long as they give us a heads up when pre-orders open. Want to plan my Best Buy rewards around it. Lol

A trick I learned a few years ago is you can make rewards go longer if you pre-order something and then cancel your pre-order, because then the reward gets extended a few months down the road.

1 Like

Damn. Nice one. Iā€™ll have to try that out if any are close to expiring. Thanks!^.^