Nintendo now has 11 First Party games coming out in 2022 alone

Partially disagree. Switch don’t need MLB for sure, but at Wii U generation, there were a lot of complains about the lack of support of thirds.

Third party games like Rayman, Sonic, Shin Megami Tensei, Yo-Kai Watch and Mario+Rabbids, to give some examples, are more than welcome to Switch.

To be fair most of these aren’t technically first party.

Bayonetta is SEGA

Triangle Strategy is Square Enix

Fire Emblem & Advance Wars IP is owned by Intelligent Systems

The Xeno IP is owned by SE and Bandai Namco.

It’s still impressive to have so many exclusives in one year though.

neither of these is accurate

Current Trademark Owners

Party Name

Nintendo of America Inc.

Ohh nono I fully agree third party devs want to make stuff for Nintendo but Nintendo could do perfectly fine without them and by third party I mean full third party that are not exclusive

1 Like

I stand corrected

It does appear that Square Enix still owns Xenogears and Bandai Namco own Xenosaga which is where I must have been getting confused.

I would love that odyssey 1 was my 2017 game of the year

1 Like

There was an idea/theory floating around that the Switch would start dying off because of the current gen consoles. Nope. Very good first party support and even third party support is looking very healthy this year :smirk:

None of these games are for me

The only game i’m looking forward to is BOTW2 really and Bayonetta 3. Xenoblade 3 I’m skeptical. 2 was abrrage. NOt a fan of Splatoon. Kirby i wont but at full orice. Might wait for sale

I mean it will eventually. If it wasnt for the pandemic keepign everyone home and not being able yo buy a xsx or ps5 switch benfiited.

I like the switch. But im at a point where i need better hardware. Some of these games are just gonna suffer technically.

I was surprised when they told the switch will keep going for more years at the investors meeting. But makes some sense, Nintendo doesn’t need a powerful console to keep building their games.

I’m with you there. There are ports I’d love to play on Switch but not at the performance level they’re at. I’m really hope that 1080p docked/720p handheld + 60fps as a standard is not too high an expectation for Switch 2.

No but switch sports?

Seriously, how desperate are nintendo trying to do this motion garbage again. That was embarasing on thursday. I knoe how well prolonge the switch lifespan. No we wont do a mid gen upgrade. Well recapture the wii fad.

Im not talking about ports. I wouldnt touch ports on switch. Doom on switch? Cool for those who dont own other consoles. I have a series x. I dont need to play 30fps doom at 720p.

My issue is the first party games or exclusives. Xenoblade 3. Looks like xenoblade 2 so will run 500p handheld. Bayonetta 3 looks like bayonetta 2. Calamity wars is 25fps. SMTV runs poorly even compared to a solid 30fps game Botw 2 will be a phenomenal game but how will it run on switch? Metroid prime 4 is one of my most anticipated games…but ill be honest i want that to be delayed to their next system.

And its not just graphics. Online is shit. The e shop is garbage. The n64 emulator is awful. Cloud games are a rip off. Why sre we paying 60 dollars for cloud games?

Just. Catalogue of of things nintendo will never address

Theyev had these issues since wii.

Now with ps5 and series x becoming more relevant. Switch will look even worse in comparison.

I’ve kind of fallen back in love with my switch since getting the OLED. My son is starting to figure things out pretty well, I gave him my old switch. We watched the direct together and he was super excited when he saw Kirby and Splatoon. For me, if they release this stuff, and get in a prime remaster along with the Zelda ports, pretty good year for me.