My thoughts on the way that Series X is launching

The title was a bit negative and the meme was always gonna attract a lot of unpleasant conversation frankly. I agree with some of the points as I pointed out above. This place doesn’t have to be a safe haven where Xbox and Microsoft can’t be criticized, no issue with posts outlying legitimate concerns, and there’s many here, albeit it doesn’t take into account the impact of COVID-19 on Microsoft and Sony alike methinks. No worries.

3 Likes

Okay.

The thread, while somewhat negative in my view, is not ‘breaking any rules’.

That said, the meme that was edited in to the OP by some dodgy australian fella leans towards framing the OP’s point of view in a negative light, and the clickbait-esque title isn’t helping matters either.

EDIT: Turns out @Shpeshal_Nick is a very bad man, and the admin team will be giving him a good kicking.

As such, I’ve edited both to something more reasonable. Please try to keep it clean. It’s okay to think or feel a certain way about launch. Not everyone has to agree on the finer details.

11 Likes

@LifeForms, @JAMIE_ODST, @FairyEmpire

I’ve just seen that someone put the Xbox being carried as a coffin picture into the first post. I didn’t do that. I think it’s pretty outrageous that people are editing people’s posts without permission or notification. I can understand why some people responded thinking that I was attempting to troll them now.

It’s no wonder sincere discussion gets labelled as trolling when the moderators here act in that way.

3 Likes

There is no way to tell from our end if it was you or a mod.

So if it was not you dude dont sweat it.

It was me lol

:doge:

We have been bamboozled lol

1 Like

Figured it was appropriate given the OP basically being “Xbox ded”

Seriously? Is that how it’s going to play out here? That you’re going to edit my post, make me look like I’m trolling, upset and anger people here and then not apologise and say “lol” ? And then you just sum up my post with something completely inaccurate?

I’m surprised that you’re not embarrassed by your behaviour. You should be.

Anyone who thought they were getting trolled here, it turns out it was by the same guy who’s now trolling me.

Honestly I dont think people remember that the PS4 and Xbox One had to literally be carried for months by third party games due to how barren the launch was. At one point I was regretting selling my 360 due to all the cheap games I was missing out.

People have to relax.

At least we have the advantage of back compat this time!

Just looking at the launch window I am excited :partying_face:

Confirmed:

Call of the Sea
Gears Tactics
Tetris Effect Connected
The Ascent
The Falconeer
The Medium
Yakuza: Like a Dragon (next-gen timed exclusive)

Strong Possibility:

12 Minutes
Bartlow’s Dread Machine
CrossfireX
Day of the Tentacle Remastered
Dead State Drive
Full Throttle Remastered
Grim Fandango Remastered
KartRider: Drift
Lake
Mad Streets
Microsoft Flight Simulator
Pisces
Sable
Scorn
Second Extinction
Shredders
Song of Iron
The Artful Escape
The Big Con
The Last Stop
Tunic
Unexplored 2: A Wayfarer’s Journey

1 Like

I am Excited too! Just waiting for bloody Pre-orders.

1 Like

State of game pass is pretty much tied to the Console, Console game pass numbers is much larger than PC Game Pass numbers. there is a reason why they are making Series S aka Game Pass Machine.

hmm without big games the best they could do right now is to market the console better and fight with price

They will also benefit from Digital Foundry comparison

1 Like

I guess the issue with what you’re saying (and I agree with a lot of it) is you’re arguing that Xbox should be doing what Sony are and just pretending some glorified DLC is a “brand new next gen experience”. But Xbox wouldn’t get away with that. If Sony were showing some big itle that was clearly only possible on the PS5 I think the case would be very very hard to make. But they simply aren’t. They’ve just shown more than Xbox. Were Sony’s games more my thing I’d buy one but they aren’t. So I’ll stick with series X and gamepass. I think Covid has hurt Xbox far more than other gaming companies for probably a multitude of reasons and I suspect has hurt their launch. The fact we’ve not seen launch games running etc is not good but hopefully Xbox realises this and will have an event to address this (I’m hopeful rather than confident).

Nah the main issue was the original title and Xbox coffin meme picture. Xbox definitely have a crap launch lineup but they didn’t seem to care enough. Look at their marketing. Zero.

I think you’re right to a degree that Xbox seems to be held to a higher standard than anyone else. I agree also that it’s vague at best with regards to the Spiderman game being a standalone title - it is far from a killer app for me.

However if I were a Playstation guy, I would probably be into getting some new Spiderman Experiences.

If Microsoft had announced Gears5+ (or some other first party title) for Series X and it was the same game engine with the shinies turned up higher and a new 8 hour campaign, I’d be pretty happy to get that.

I thought when Halo5 finished that they’d rush out part 2 for it to finish off that story, same engine, etc.

I don’t know how much of a game is getting all the tech to work and how much is the art, but I assume that you could just create new levels and put out a new game much more quickly than starting over again? Sorry, gone off topic.

1 Like

Just FYI, in case you missed it, my title was a reference to another title on the front page and one of the mods edited the coffin picture in, not me. The administrator has told me that the mod is “getting a good kicking” for it. I just don’t want his actions to reflect on me.

1 Like

Saw it already. All good, mate. We all care for Xbox but the last couple of days people, including me, are getting triggered because of doom and gloom. I’m still waiting for an announcement of new marketing head or some kind of change in this department.

1 Like

That sucks, but the title before was some major hyperbole, but its been changed so cool.