Movies and TV shows thread

@Knottian back in October notified us of what energy hogs Xbox and PS are, so if possible it’s recommended to use TV apps for streaming movies and shows or something like Chromecast.

Well, the Chromecast 4K with Google TV is now 49 euros instead of 69 euros. I think it’s time!

1 Like

Too effin funny

3 Likes

1 Like

Glad someone took it to heart :wink:

1 Like

damn what happened? There has to be more to this story.

So it’s good news that Bob Iger is back? Have not really been following it.

Mostly yes but idk in this situation. Maybe Disney is gearing up for an acquisition.

Oh there is, too much to put into a post. But Iger is the superior Bob in every way. If you’re really interested look out for John Campea today on his YouTube channel and he will tell you all about it.

1 Like

The biggest Bob Iger, Alan Horn and David Zaslav fanboy in the world :phil_lmao:

The only thing Chapek had over Iger was that Chapek allowed his creatives to make MA content while Iger was strictly family friendly .

2 Likes

Bob Iger is obviously an better option than Chapek but Chapek was dealt a bad hand. All of this stuff was set in motion by Bob Iger.

Milking of the franchises, going all in on streaming, etc etc was all Iger.

2 Likes

I disagree slightly. He got dealt a bad hand with LucasFilm and Star Wars. But everything else was running on autopilot and all he had to do was let the plane fly itself. But his bad decisions after bad decisions is what led to his demise. The three that really stand out too me is the Scarlett Johansson debacle (sure everyone knows that), forcing employees to relocate to Florida for the new HQ (a lot chose to retire or resign), and him firing one of Disneys best assets Peter Rice are just inexplicably absurd

2 Likes

I don’t know. Handing the reigns to someone when the biggest pandemic to hit the world since the spanish flu is just on the horizon is a pretty bad hand.

Iger going all in on streaming isn’t autopilot, it was a gamble that ultimately has been failing. Chapek defintely made mistakes but make no mistake, Disney isn’t on autopilot and hasn’t been since 2019.

Iger saw what was on the horizon and left before shit hit the fan.

4 Likes

I think its really funny that WBD had 2 disastrous quarters in a row but David Zaslav is still the CEO while Disney had 1 in a really long time and Chapek gets fired on a freaking Sunday night . :phil_lmao:

The Menu (Ralph Fiennes, Anya Taylor Joy)

Special night at the theater for people with a subscription. Finally a movie that was great from beginning to end. Very strong performances by both Ralph and Anya here. I don’t want to spoil anything, and the trailer did a great job of not doing that either. But I highly recommend it.

1 Like

We will finally experience the first blockbuster cinema in a long while that isn’t another cape**** or military propaganda :pray:

2 Likes

Caught up on Andor. The glowing praises didn’t do it justice. I’m loving it.

4 Likes

Finished 1899. It was good.

2 Likes

I’ve only seen the first 6,need to finish it up. So far one of my favorites ever.

Especially liked that they brought over corporate sector from some of the old books, and ISB as well. It’s cool seeing some of the book stuff make its way back into canon. Really would have loved to have seen the three Zahn books made into movies instead of the trilogy they did.

1 Like

I got it today and so far it’s great. Did have a few, brief hiccups but perhaps it was still buffering because it was right after I started the content.

One question, is it OK if the Chromecast is always on? So for example when I go play Xbox, it will still be on (because as soon as I power off the Chromecast my TV goes off too) and I will only power it off when I power my TV off as well.

1 Like

Finished it the other day as well.

Was pretty let down tbh but I’ll be there for season 2.