Movies and TV shows thread

Jimmy’s end is going to be like Chuck’s , sad and pathetic .

:cry:

Oh by the way…

What are some comedy movies that are fine to watch with a ten , almost eleven year old? My oldest nephew visits me in the weekend and we’d like to watch a movie. Could be animation too if there’s something good, or else comedy.

Last time he was here we watched Ace Ventura and that was fine, nothing too bad. But not everything by Jim Carrey is OK for a kid I think.

Home Alone ?

Better Call Saul is undeniably still elite TV. However, I don’t feel the cutt off between the break-up and the Gene timeline has been managed the best. Since Nippy, the pace and focus of the episodes took a noticeable turn, not that it’s not good or anything, but it doesn’t extend well to the overall season. It might have been better if the season was split between ‘Fun and Games’ and ‘Nippy’. There’s still one episode left, I could be proven wrong.

Good one! He’s seen it already though, but still.

Yeah agreed on all that.

Only one more hour they have for the show, unless the finale is longer. They can only do so much in an hour. I’m not really expecting anything surprising or shocking anymore. I really would have liked if the two did end up together but that seems extremely unlikely. Seeing how Kim definitely moved on and Jimmy…remains slippin Jimmy.

Can’t wait for whatever he makes next. I have a feeling it’s gonna be with Apple TV+.

1 Like
1 Like

The little contrarian devil on my shoulder has been trying to tell me for over a week that no way…NO WAY am I going to like this. I don’t give a crap that it’s at a 92 on Rotten Tomatoes, I don’t care that word of mouth has been stellar. There is no flippin way someone finally made a good sequel/prequel to Predator

Welp, fuck on off little contrarian devil. PREY IS FRIGGIN TREMENDOUS!!!

2 Likes

It absolutely is! Catherine and I watched it last night, and it’s just so damn good. I’m a huge Predator nerd (comes with the Alien territory) and they did archaic-Predator so well - great atmosphere and setup. Coupled with a respectful and genuine Native American backdrop - having Native Americans be so ingrained in the making of the film, in front and behind the camera, definitely helps. It’s a great example of good representation.

Yep. Who would’ve thought we’d have great Predator and Top Gun (I found the first one was terrible, but I only watched it last year!) movies in this day and age?!

I’m there day one! After Peele stepped away from The Twilight Zone, I’m ready for another similar show; I love Serling and Peele’s runs of TTZ to death, and I do enjoy Black Mirror, but sometimes it can be a bit too dark and depressing, so hopefully this sits closer to TTZ.

1 Like

I’m treating myself to the theater today, even though I have a subscription anyway, lol. But you only turn 40 once, right?

DC League of Superpets. Should be a fun time.

HBD :birthday: :tada:

1 Like

Thanks bro!

I am super surprised, because DC Pets is tons of fun. It’s heartfelt, clearly made by people who love and know the franchises, they make fun of their own IP at times in a very nice way, plenty of humor that legit had me laughing. And dog owners will definitely understand some jokes.

Loved it actually.

Its made by the people that made Lego movies .

1 Like

That’s explains it! Nice.

Who else here adored this when they were young? It actually still is great and funny to watch, still looks good too!

Happy Botyh Day!

1 Like

I just finished watching Unbelievable on Netflix. Excellent detective drama based on real events. It deals with sexual assault and trauma heavily.

In a crime detective / serial killer thriller drama mood :gimme: