Movies and TV projects based on Xbox franchises (Fallout coming in 2024)

Wish the Spyro option was Spyro/Skylanders

My kids never heard of Spyro but love Skylanders and would love to watch a show based on them.

1 Like

I wonder how Netflix will handle Horizon. Creating tons of CGI dinos will cost a fortune. Hopefully, the CGI will look better than a lot of recent tv shows. Both Halo and a couple of the Marvel Disney+ shows had questionable CGI moments.

I couldn’t get into Horizon Zero Dawn, but I do like the high-level concept of its world. So, I’m interested in the show.

I do. Producer says it is.

1 Like

I’m not sure exactly if it was a hit or not but the Mortal Kombat movie did well for getting an 83 million worldwide box office considering it came out during the pandemic.

It also benefitted on streaming services like HBO Max as well.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-04-23/-mortal-kombat-set-to-give-warner-bros-another-box-office-win

1 Like

Here are my dream ones:

• Fable from Taika Waititi (obviously starring Rhys Darby, probably as a mad king or something)
  • Psychonauts cartoon from Alex Hirsch (creator of Gravity Falls)
  • Perfect Dark from Derek Kolstad (John Wick writer) and Paul Greenglass (Bourne Supremacy and Ultimatum)
2 Likes

Casting is underway for the Amazon series adaptation of “Fallout.” Talent, aged 18–55, is wanted to portray raiders of underground bunkers in background roles. Fittings will take place the week of June 13 and 20 with various shoot dates scheduled between July 5–Aug. 16 in New York City.

https://www.backstage.com/magazine/article/now-casting-amazon-fallout-75243/

1 Like
3 Likes
4 Likes

‘Fallout’ Amazon Series Casts Kyle MacLachlan, Xelia Mendes-Jones, Aaron Moten (EXCLUSIVE)

The “Fallout” TV series adaptation at Amazon has added Kyle MacLachlan, Xelia Mendes-Jones, and Aaron Moten to its cast as series regulars, Variety has learned exclusively.

The trio join previously announced cast members Ella Purnell and Walton Goggins in the series version of the popular video game franchise. As with past casting announcements, exact details on who the new additions will be playing are being kept under wraps.

Like the video games on which it is based, the “Fallout” series is set in a world where the future envisioned by Americans in the late 1940s explodes upon itself through a nuclear war in 2077.

MacLachlan is an iconic actor of the big and small screen, known for his work with David Lynch in projects like “Twin Peaks” (both the original and the Showtime revival), “Dune,” and “Blue Velvet.” On TV, he is also known for playing the mayor of Portland in the comedy series “Portlandia” and recently appeared in the Peacock limited series “Joe vs. Carole.” He is repped by UTA, Entertainment 360, and attorney Alan Wertheimer.

Mendes-Jones completed their training at the Identity School of Acting in 2021. They will next be seen in the Netflix feature “Havoc” alongside Tom Hardy, Forest Whitaker and Timothy Olyphant. They will also have a recurring role in Season 2 of “The Wheel of Time,” also at Amazon. They are repped by IAG.

Moten most recently appeared in the feature “Father Stu” opposite Mark Wahlberg and will next be seen in the Apple film “Emancipation” starring Will Smith. His past credits include shows like "Disjointe

2 Likes

Filming has begun

Day 1… FALLOUT… for Amazon. Deep breath…. Exhale… Let’s see where this road goes want too. #fallout #theghoul

Walton Goggins (@waltongogginsbonafide) • Instagram photos and videos

2 Likes
9 Likes

IMO, if Microsoft owned a streaming service they could put it there. Imagine having Halo and Fallout series in their own streaming service.

And it’s not even out yet technically. I think this game might become bigger than everyone thinks.

Overwatch animated series. NOW. No other gaming IP makes more sense than Overwatch. It’s literally a superhero connected universe that appeals to almost everyone. It’ll print money.

2 Likes

Did not Overwatch have some live action series? I remember seeing some videos.

No those were CGI character story cinematics, they were so good. But I imagine if they wanted a full series in that quality it would cost a lot of time and money sheesh

Yeah, especially if we remember how expensive was Halo 2 Anniversary cutscenes. But full movie in such quality would be amazing. Like imagine full blown Halo 1, 2 and 3 movie in Halo 2 Anniversary CGI quality.

Looking better and better.

Taking a look at filming and release schedules of some other TV series, I think that Fallout has a good chance of airing during Fall 2023 or late 2023.

Bethesda was smart to partner with Amazon Prime. According to the lastest streaming ranking by JustWatch, they may really well become the first streaming service in the US by then. Will be great to expand the IP awareness even more. This is going to be massive.

2 Likes

I wonder how they calculate Amazon Prime Video numbers though. It is included in the regular Amazon Prime no? The one that gives some discounts and other stuff on Amazon.