Movies and TV projects based on Xbox franchises (Fallout coming in 2024)

I really hope Sea of Thieves gets a show at some point. It’s ripe for it.

2 Likes

25 million viewers in a day. Fallout IP about to receive a huge boost next year.

1 Like

So excited for that since it’s the show runners of west world, and that Amazon is willing to spend big for there tv series

2 Likes

Fallout and Last of Us feel like they both have all the right stuff going on behind the scenes - these could finally be the projects that truly break live action video game adaptions into the mainstream. I feel like one day we could be looking at them the same way we look at what Spiderman/X-Men did for superhero adaptions 20 years ago.

2 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

Today, Paramount+ has announced that production on Season 2 of the Halo TV series has begun! Led by showrunner David Wiener, filming for Season 2 is taking place in Iceland and Budapest.

Following the climactic events of Season 1, we will see the return of the Master Chief, Silver Team, Cortana, Dr. Catherine Halsey, Miranda and Jacob Keyes, and they will be joined by new series regulars…

Joseph Morgan joins as James Ackerson, a formidable intelligence operative who has spent his career climbing the ranks of the Office of Naval Intelligence (and a name that will no doubt be familiar to many Halo lore veterans).

Cristina Rodlo joins as Talia Perez, a corporal specializing in linguistics for a UNSC Marine Corps communications unit and a relatively new recruit who has yet to see any real combat.

Also returning from Season 1 are Fiona O’Shaughnessy and Tylan Bailey, who portrayed Laera (Soren’s wife and partner in crime) and Kessler (Soren and Laera’s young son) respectively.

1 Like

A Gears and Halo anime would be awesome!

2 Likes

I think Cyberpunk has a pretty awesome world with a setting that basically matches some of the old school anime.

Not every game IP will translate flawlessly like this one. Gears would probably be terrible.

Dante’s inferno and the new Castlevania anime tells me that Gears can work in that art style

The only thing I’m wondering about is how was Halo Legends received when it first debuted? Because can see this being a big reason why 343 never made any new anime with Halo since.

It would depend on how it’s adapted and if the anime was in the right hands but I think it’s possible a Gears of War anime could work out.

That was back in 2010 so a lot can change from then to now in terms of anime adaptions if Microsoft were to try it again. Also it would be a great way to grow Halo in Japan and worldwide if the anime is done well. Since the Halo tv series is not going to cut it unless they improve the show in season 2 and beyond.

The Halo tv series is probably Paramount+ hit show, others here have talked about how well it has done in different markets. Paramount even updated their Xbox app in the US to have a Worthog driving around as the opening animition.

I get Halo fans just wanting an adaptation of the games, but the live action series isn’t going to be it and I don’t think it’s going to try. As for an anime, that’s something that would only come out years from now unless 343 decided to try again and already has something being produced.

Even then I doubt it will follow the games 1 to 1 as imo there’s not enough content in the games for an anime adaption to work well, without adding things that people will complain about.

1 Like

The Elder Scrolls anime series featuring the War of the Red Diamond. Bethesda needs to strike a deal with Netflix.

Actually, anime would be better for TES. Live-action would certainly require Rings of Power’s budget (and even then, TES has more fantasy than LOTR + magic + Argonians and Khaijits would be tricky to get right).

1 Like

The Paramount+ show may be a hit but it could have captured Halo much better than it did so I just hope the future seasons are much better.

And I wouldn’t expect the anime to follow Halo 1 to 1 just like Cyberpunk Edgerunners didn’t follow Cyberpunk. It just would be great to have an anime artistic style to Halo that you can’t really do with a live action show.

I would love to see a Elder Scrolls anime series. And true I cannot imagine how expensive it would cost to create a live action tv series for TES so an anime series makes a lot more sense from a budget perspective and if it is successful then you could try doing a live action. Microsoft also has that partnership with Netflix so it could be possible to make some sort of deal in the future.

1 Like

lol you dont want Netflix to make an anime for you , trust me . The best thing would be to organize it yourself and sell it to netflix .

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/BethesdaStudios/status/1585285471155982337?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1585285471155982337|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=

3 Likes
3 Likes

I watched the first three episodes (all that were available) of Peripheral on Amazon Prime the other day. Very interesting sci-fi show with gaming-related elements. In fact, the main character is a gamer of a sort.

The story is pretty great, cast seems good so far and I have not noticed any eye-rolling, cringe moments in the writing. The show is set in the near future and all the gaming elements are related to future tech, so I think that helps it avoid the typical tropey gamer oriented pitfalls.

I’m not sure how many episodes this will run, but so far, so good. If you like sci-fi I recommend you check it out.

2 Likes