Originally published at: Monster Collector 'Cassette Beasts' Out on PC Game Pass, Xbox Consoles May 25th - XboxEra
Developer Bytten Studio and publisher Raw Fury have released the monster collecting and fusion role-playing game ‘Cassette Beasts’ on Steam and PC Game Pass. Console releases have also been dated for the 25 of May. Find and catch over 100 monsters in this turn-based RPG. Players will capture battles monsters have with cassette tapes and send them right back to the messengers. You can also fuse various monster forms to create entirely unique ones that will have you on your toes as you figure out the right timing to buff and debuff. The PC versions also support modding, allowing players to create their own custom content.
Have a gander at the release trailer, press release, and gallery below.
Hit Play on Cassette Beasts, the Monster Collecting & Fusing RPG, Launching Today on Steam, Microsoft Store & PC Game Pass
Capture and transform into unique creatures to battle in this open-world adventure, coming May 25 to Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One & Xbox Game Pass
STOCKHOLM – April 26, 2023 – Indie developer Bytten Studio and Raw Fury have released Cassette Beasts, the creature-collecting-and-fusing open-world RPG, on PC via Steam and the Microsoft Store. The game is also available on PC Game Pass. Discover over 100 awesome monsters to collect and transform into during exciting turn-based battles on an imaginative journey of exploration and friendship!
Cassette Beasts puts a unique spin on monster-collector RPG adventures – on the remote island of New Wirral, people can use cassette tapes to transform into strange creatures and battle! You’ll need to explore the island and record a menagerie of mighty monsters to your trusty cassette tapes to gain their abilities and find a way home. You can even combine two creatures together to make powerful new forms with shared elemental types, stats, and move sets using Cassette Beasts’ Fusion System.
Side B – Key Features:
- Transform into Monsters…with Cassette Tapes?! Faced with the constant threat of monster attack, the residents of Harbourtown can fight fire with fire. Record a variety of special creatures, then play them back in battle to take on their forms!
- Fuse Monsters Together: Merge with your companions’ monsters to transform into unique, fully animated fusions combining the strengths of both forms! There are thousands of creature fusion combos to experiment with and discover.
- Explore a Rich Open World: Some monster abilities can be used in human form, which you’ll need to get around, solve puzzles, and more. Glide, fly, swim, climb, dash or turn magnetic in a colorful land brought to life with beautifully crafted monsters, ‘80s vibes and a synthy soundtrack!
- Dive into a Captivating Story: Cassette Beasts features an otherworldly adventure with spooky twists and turns. Who are the Archangels? And how did you end up on New Wirral?
- Master a Deep Battle System: Use elemental chemistry to apply advantageous buffs or debuffs with your attacks, or even alter your opponents’ elemental types.
- Travel with a Diverse Cast of Companions: Never fight alone! Forge bonds with your partners and help them complete personal goals to become a better team. The strength of your relationship determines how well you’re able to fuse!
- Play Co-op with Friends: Team up via local co-op multiplayer and Steam Remote Play Together for up to two players. Explore the open world, transform and battle together as a duo!
- Customize Your Experience with Mods (PC Only): The Cassette Beasts team is dedicated to fostering community creativity and involvement. The game features a flexible modding system for PC players on Steam and the Microsoft Store to make their own custom content!
Cassette Beasts will launch for Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and Xbox Game Pass on May 25. For more info, visit www.CassetteBeasts.com, and follow the team on Twitter and the official Discord for the latest updates.
Cassette Beasts Press Release