Xbox Acquisition |OT| - So We’re Back to Making Lists, Huh?

I don’t think MS will ever close their wallets, they will just pick up studios that make sense. If a studio is struggling, have a super compelling game and can pitch their ideas of what their studio want’s to do in future MS will always be willing to pick them up. I’m not saying MS is going to pick up studios left and right but they will look at each proposal with intent.

I feel like 1-2 big more teams and maybe a few more smaller ones and we’re set pretty much.

I feel like they should have an exclusive superhero game.

Give me a dedicated Ironman game already, Anthem is close with the flying but obviously not the theme haha.

Playtonic deserves to work with Banjo again. Scoop them up cheap, pair them up with Rare IPs and resources, and let the magic happen: Banjo, Conker, Yooka-Laylee… Blinx?!!

4 Likes

Also, get Mason Lindroth some major cash flow and get him on lock.

Look what dude did with Hylics 2.

I want to see what he could do with an actual studio behind him. Soooo much style and creativity. It’s exactly what Xbox needs right now.

1 Like

Keep being agressive on deals & expanding.

Techland 4A Games Asobo WB Games

Make GP deals

1 Like

Link please.

https://twitter.com/PlaytonicGames/status/1192035480222785537?s=19

Last november, they said they would love to work on Banjo again but that the ball wasn’t in their court… :frowning:

1 Like

@FarSightXR-20 Let’s hope MS hands them the ball then. Xbox needs to build hype. Genuine hype at this poiint. That’s a move that will do it, hands down.

1 Like

100%. Wouldn’t be surprised if Microsoft at least tossed the idea to them at some point.

1 Like

Yea, but Fable historically was a game focused on “your” story, rather than a game with a narrative cinematic-like story focus. I’m excited for Fable, but it’s not in the same vein as something like Control, TLOU2, Hellblade, or other story focused 3rd person action games.

Now, however, it seems AT&T has reconsidered the sale and instead of selling off its gaming concern to help mitigate its debts, instead it is restructuring the organisation. In an email to staff, CEO Jason Kilar told staff Warner Bros. Interactive “remains part of the Studios and Networks groups”.

“The Warner Bros. Motion Pictures Group continues to be led by Chairman Toby Emmerich,” a statement from the company reads (thanks, TheSixthAxis). “Warner Bros. Television Studios group continues to be led by Chairman Peter Roth. Warner Bros. Interactive remains part of the Studios and Networks group, along with our Global Brands and Franchises team including DC led by Pam Lifford, and our Kids, Young Adults and Classics business led by Tom Ascheim, all focused on engaging fans with our brands and franchises through games and other interactive experiences.”

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1293591790331875328?s=19

2 Likes

My top 3 -

1. WB Games

They are still for sale. The restructuring has literally nothing to do with WB Interactive. It’s everything else that’s being restructured. Go get them Microsoft!!!

1. Techland

Rumors about possible development issues and potential monetary issues regarding Dying Light 2 makes this a very likely possibility. They are a great AAA studio and getting Dying Light 2 to be Xbox Series X/S and PC exclusive for 2021 would be a great move.

1. The Astronauts

AA development studio currently working on FPS horror looter shooter Witchfire which looks pretty good but they’re a small team. Could be a very good pickup in my opinion.

2 Likes

Most definitely it is a when and not if. Klobrille did tweet a couple of days ago that Microsoft has been knocking on doors, so eventually someone will bite and deals will be concluded. Whoever it is I think it will be a studio in Europe and/or Asia as Microsoft doesn’t have a big presence on mainland Europe or Asia.

lol Sony might be owning the weeb market in the future.

Sony morphing more and more into a content and services company rather than a hardware one.

That is outdated. There is a video that details what the letter meant. People read the wrong message from the letter.

3 Likes

Sounds like another company I know

2 Likes

This needs to happen

3 Likes