Microsoft-Activision-Blizzard Discussion Thread (Part 1)

I can be wrong, but I think it is also a subtle way to say Sony is being anti-competitive.

Erm, they mentioned that they will be in the third place behind Tencent and Sony in their original announcement no? Also did he say “rival” or it was Bloomberg’s piece?

Nadella mentioning what I have been saying as well: This acquisition will make the market more competitive not less. Tired of people boasting about Sony’s dominance of the industry but at the same time yell ‘monopoly’ against Microsoft.

In fact recent news such as Sony raising the cost of its consoles, lack of day one games on their equivalent service, and raising game prices only demonstrates that Sony needs more competition for gamers’ wallets.

21 Likes

But SOME DAY maybe Game Pass sees a price hike!~!! Who cares if the current market leader is raising game and console prices in the actual world we live in…what about the maybe future where MS overlords raises price on the GameS Pa5s!!@!?! Tyranny! /derp

11 Likes

Microsoft is either the No. 4 or No. 5 competitor in the video game industry, depending on how you count, Nadella said. And the No. 1 player, Sony Group Corp., has made several recent acquisitions. “So if this is about competition, let us have competition,” he said.

2 Likes

Sony execs woke up sweating because they have to compete with Microsoft :joy:

2 Likes

Satya here cracks me up. Definitely sounds like he’s about to tear down any arguments and smear Sony.

14 Likes

Yep, I think for full context you need the former 5 seconds but it’s literally a nut shot to Jim Ryan!

8 Likes

25 Likes

Sony is screwed and they did it to themselves, not smart to provoke the bear with a serious money when they don’t.

1 Like

there is still a bit of Ballmer in Nadella :smiley:

1 Like

“Competition is fun…when we’re winning.”

5 Likes

Competition from Microsoft this gen has forced PlayStation to provide a better deal to their own players, ps plus is getting better offerings thanks to competition from gamepass etc.

7 Likes

16 Likes
11 Likes

Man, you can tell people are triggered by his words despite being asked if they are. The posts I have seen, you can really feel the emotion behind those words.

4 Likes

They are afraid. People rightfully started to realize that a lot of stuff that Sony has achieved relied heavily on the third party and Sony’s dominating market position. As soon as Sony will start losing market share, with their attitude towards everybody “do as I say, not as I do” they will start losing allies.

13 Likes

It’s hilarious at how many people think Europe/UK will block the deal.

Jim really got them convinced with his comments.

I’m not saying there’s a 100% chance the deal goes through but like Satya, I’m pretty confident that it does.

2 Likes
6 Likes

Competition is actually good for PlayStation consumers. Look how much better ps plus has gotten due to competition.

2 Likes