Microsoft-Activision-Blizzard Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Really long years ahead :sweat_smile:

At least things are getting spicy right now!

1 Like

There is nothing to worry about

Gamepass subs like me will join this soon and this number will never decrease again :wink:

I canā€™t believe more people arenā€™t talking about the fact that Activision Blizzard added 25% more developers this year :flushed:

Thatā€™s huge. Xbox will do a ton with that.

1 Like

Wasnā€™t it already known they had a ton of positions open over the last year? I think they still have hundreds of open positions IIRC.

Hopefully they get what they need staffed on the CoD side of things so they can free up some teams like Toys for Bob and Beenox to get back to other IP ASAP.

Thats a lot. Even more so with all the reports about their bad working conditions. Do we have a breakdown which part of ABK exactly people went to?

Isnā€™t that what ABK have been doing regularly? Fire and rehire

Lol it only just hit me, with Sony moaning about Game Pass being too big or whatever or trying to say Game Pass is a monopolyā€¦ all this while they are signing deals with publishers to exclude their games going to Game Pass for X amount of time.

Another thing is, it seems like Sony has deals where games go to PS+ but arenā€™t allowed to be on Game Pass at the same time which if all this is true thatā€™s more anti competitive than this deal and Microsoft would be able to get this sort of info and such. I donā€™t think Microsoft is doing those sorts of things as in making games only allowed on Game Pass and no other sub.

I think Sony are extremely trying to thread the needle as gentle as they can lmao.

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/PAABLOO64/status/1554156161166893059?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1554156161166893059|twgr^|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=

In the famous Sony Playstation document in Brazil, the company points to Nintendo Switch as a console aimed at childrenā€™s games and that it is for secondary use

ā€œSecondary useā€ soā€¦Nintendo is not a main competitor right? :rofl:

Nah, clown arent being honest with their claims. Wonder what kind of stuff they sent to other regulators.

2 Likes

Iā€™d recommend a full read through of the Sony docs, thereā€™s some good stuff in there (although a lot of redacted or disingenuous answers IMO).

They have even doubled down on the possibility of publishers who rely on monetization from upfront ($70 in their case) sales could reduce the quality of their games due to subscription services. Basically admitting thatā€™s something they are considering. Great days to be a Sony customer.

link

Tick the ones you want, pdf then (for some) google translate the pdf.

6 Likes

Damn, PlayStation have had some really bad takes this generation but seeing stuff like this puts me off ever purchasing Playstation content/hardware again.

Nintendo is so beloved that to simply say they are a childrenā€™s console is really insulting.

9 Likes

PS3 was peak PlayStation for me. So many new and unique exclusives like Uncharted, Infamous, Resistance, MotorStorm, LittleBigPlanet, Heavy Rain, and Demon Souls, not to mention unique smaller titles like Puppeteer, Tokyo Jungle, Flow and Journey. Throw in great new entries to franchises like Killzone, Ratchet & Clank, and God of War, and itā€™s a lineup that is hard to beat.

This may be a controversial opinion, but I canā€™t help but feel that The Last of Us has killed the once creative and diverse Sony. The new Sony, under Jim Ryan, is now focused on brands that have great cross-media potential: The Last of Us, Horizon, Uncharted, Ghosts of Tsushima, etc.

4 Likes

The PS1 is still my favorite PlayStation system. The games donā€™t hold up very well today, but at the time it hit all the right notes as far as content, variety, quality, etc that would be expected of a big electronics giant entering the industry. The PS2 was just about on par, but I have increasingly lost interest with each subsequent system. I still get them, but I pretty much only buy the exclusives on it.

I like their 1st party since PS4 but Iā€™m not crazy with it like some and I canā€™t be blind to the overarching homogenization at play.

4 Likes

Resistance 3ā€™s campaign was peak.

1 Like

Completely agree.

2 Likes

I guess it finally registered his brain on why the whole file made Sony look foolish.

6 Likes

I was surprised by his earlier video being so relaxed about it. Everyone can see this is then trying to play the FTC. Glad to see him clearly calling it out.

4 Likes

This just popped up after I was searching on YouTube about the Sony comments.

Iā€™m sorry but when you have something called the ā€œPlayStation advantageā€ and have all these exclusive things and bonuses, then moan about it being unfair that Xbox will get them instead now and people might choose Xbox over PlayStation because of those bonusesā€¦ itā€™s kinda hard to feel bad for them.

Isnā€™t it ironic they did the very thing theyā€™re complaining about Microsoft will do, but when Microsoft does it then itā€™s unfair and how could they, lmao they sound like their bloody fan base.

13 Likes

Sony has no more higher ground here. I just hope that it will piss off Microsoft so it will stop playing nice with Sony.

2 Likes