Microsoft-Activision-Blizzard Discussion Thread (Part 1)

£810,000 → $1,000,000

It’s missing some zeroes to be a billion.

1 Like

Yeah, they lost it in the title

Its in the article :joy:

Hilarious mistake :rofl:

Gotcha. Pretty major thing to get wrong, and in the title of all things. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

To Microsoft I would guess it is to their benefit that this doesn’t go through but why are companies against unions? Isnt it better for worker conditions or am I missing something?

Better working conditions != organization provided better working conditions

1 Like

Unions mean better pay and benefits and power to their employees, which greedy corporations do not want.

1 Like

Oooooh thanks! Yeah thats what I imagined, better work conditions, payment…etc=more money “wasted”

1 Like

Personally I don’t really like unions, but I understand their benefits.

2 Likes

My grandfather did it better than anyone I know. He was able to get into the NYC steelworkers Union for 20 years. Then he went to the NYC transit Union for 10 years. He retired at 51, has two pensions, multiple vacation homes, buys new cars every few years CASH. Never paid a DIME for any prescriptions or hospital visits with their healthcare. Retired over 30 years now and just living the most carefree life I’ve ever seen. From people who are in Unions I’ve rarely ever heard bad things about them.

Ok.

But in that era people really could afford a lot. I think almost every american had one or two cars, house etc. I even heard legends that some companies like Ford could even gift cars to the workers or something. I think it was 50-60s era.

1 Like

When will we know it will go through for definite?

Still don’t know why MS bought them for that much money. Money could have been spent better elsewhere…like do a marketing deal for COD this gen and you saved 60 billion.

After this june (MS’s fiscal year) we will likely have more chances of hearing something from regulators.

Any bets? Will it go through? Blocked? More concessions? Will MS abandon the deal or let it be blocked in order to avoid the eyes of the govdrnment or “fight” for it? Any lawsuit will do something?

Personally I have no idea, but it could take a long time before any updates (even next year) but lets hope for the best.

We won’t know till it’s done, it could go through in the US but get more questions in the EU or China, we should know more by June 2023 as that’s their deadline so if it doesn’t go through smoothly by then they’ll probably update with a new deadline but they could easily do it by the end of the year or earlier next year so we just have to wait and see.

Also this isn’t about getting a “marketing deal” it’s about having one of the biggest games on Game Pass every year without any trouble and fear of it leaving or having to pay a lot of cash for it to stay. They get a foothold in the mobile space, data on how these apps work. Roughly 10k game devs, over a dozen BIG IPs and more.

2 Likes

“But I don’t play their games” :joy_cat:

1 Like

That’s the thing with these sorts of deals, it doesn’t really matter if you play it or not some of those 10k people could start working on a game they DO like, it’s not always obvious to see what can happen in the future with this sort of stuff.

2 Likes

Probably because they make 8.8 billion a year and growing.

And… that they have over 430 million active users which they want to sell GamePass too.

Indeed. ABK is the biggest gaming publisher that is not a tech company or platform holder right?

1 Like

Yep I believe so!

I think it will go through with no blocking from the FTC. Sentiment seems to be Microsoft believes it will go through and they’d fight it if not. The FTC doesn’t have much of a case to block it and I can’t see them wasting their resources battling Microsoft on this one.

1 Like