Matchpoint - Tennis Championships Enters the Court & Xbox Game Pass on Launch Day

Originally published at: https://xboxera.com/2022/04/26/matchpoint-tennis-championships-enters-the-court-xbox-game-pass-on-launch-day/

Kalypso Media have today announced that their upcoming sports title Matchpoint – Tennis Championships will arrive on July 7th 2022. The game will also launch onto Xbox Game Pass for PC, console and cloud. Matchpoint – Tennis Championships offers a deep career mode featuring a merit-based ranking system. Create your own tennis star and climb up the world ranking list. Also featured are 16 real-life international tennis stars from the professional circuit, including Nick Kyrgios, Kei Nishikori and Amanda Anisimova. You’ll also be able to challenge your friends and rivals to a virtual tennis duel in online multiplayer mode.

Matchpoint – Tennis Championships enters the court day one on PC, console and cloud with @XboxGamePass on July 7th!

Chase the ball 👉 https://t.co/RapD3s7edK #MatchpointGame pic.twitter.com/KnEXPrLpqQ

— Kalypso Media (@kalypsomedia) April 26, 2022

4 Likes

Will definitely give this a try. For me, nothing has come close to Top Spin back in the day. I sunk so many hours into it back then.

2 Likes

Doesn’t seem like much, but there’s not a lot to go on yet. Has the developer only done ports before? When I was searching the games on their site they seemed to be credited to other devs.

1 Like

You’re probably looking at the publisher who is Kalypso Media. From what i’ve seen the actual developers are Torus Games, and going by their Wiki most of the games they’ve made are using cartoon IP’s. Ben 10, Paw Patrol, Hotel Transylvania…

… I don’t know if it’s gonna be any good but i’ll at least try it. It’s been awhile since i’ve played a tennis game.

1 Like

I use to love Tennis games but I probably haven’t played one in 10 or 15 years. I will give this a try of course.

2 Likes

I was looking at the Torus site. It seems like Outright Games is credited with the games that I checked from their site.

1 Like

Definitely tryjng this.

I never understand why we don’t have a licensed and ‘big’ budget tennis game. It could be so great with a fleshed out career mode and/or story mode and good online modes. Tennis is like the godmother of videogames, with Pong in mind.

2 Likes

Probably because they don’t sell anywhere near a FIFa or MAdden which is a travesty. I love Tennis

Top Spin needs to come back.

1 Like

That’s pretty much it like why put the effort if it barely move the needle in sales. It’s sad though because Tennis games were a lot of fun, but they kept on stripping features and ended up stop releasing them

A bigger tragedy is nintendo botching and half assing their own mario tennis game. That is unforgivable.

1 Like