March system update rolling out (Wireless headset support; Toogles for FPS Boost + Auto HDR; And more)

Because its a quiet day in Xbox land: :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Nice update here. Good to see the return of achievements to the mobile app (although they shouldn’t have been removed in the first place).

2 Likes

Time to test ReCore.

3 Likes

Achievements back on mobile. Happy about that.

1 Like

Love that these options will be saved on a game-by-game basis. Excited to see all this roll out.

1 Like

Test what exactly?

Today I noticed the update process got really fast now. This time less than 5 minutes (Series X). I remember the times with my One X when that update lasted about 15 minutes.

1 Like

Cool glad we are getting these options, now I just need some place to see all the games in quick resume and for the Series X to NOT throttle the network so much when I have games open even if I’m on the dashboard

1 Like

Jason Ronald said on the Iron Lords Podcast the other day that the team is looking into possibly having a list of games for Quick Resume along with having the ability to add/remove games to it but it may not be until later this year but the team is working on possible solutions.

3 Likes

Yeah he had also mentioned this previously as well as something they are looking into. I am liking this seeming initiative by Xbox to give the user control how he/she wants their Xbox experience.

The FPS boost for this game would be a game changer for me, such a perfect flow in traversal in this game, 60 FPS would be the cherry on the cake <3

1 Like

The network throttling during quick resume is my only complaint so far with the Series X.

However, I will (and do!) whine about not getting BC games on the FPS boost list fast enough, or ML taking too long for some potential uprez of non-X enhanced games. That’s a testament and compliment to the amazing job Xbox is doing with their library!

60 fps boost. If it works. Cause it’s only X enhanced (4k, HDR) but it’s still 30 on consoles.

Oh, I didn’t see any ‘compatibility options’ when I checked that game unfortunately.

No new frameboost games this day, this is dissapointing :worried:

I just died a little inside. Thanks for this.

Sweet, after the update we should hopefully get the next batch of FPS Boost games on 3/17!

So where do you find these options for games? Got the update but cant see the options

Doesn’t the article say that the update is going out on 3/16?

Press the Menu button on whatever title you’re checking, move down to Manage Games and Add-ons, then on the left you’ll see ‘Compatibility options’, click that.

This options will only be there for games that are previously said to have FPS Boost or Auto-HDR; everything else simply won’t have ‘Compatibility options’ as an option.