Looks like around 3.5 million Series S|X consoles sold so far

Series S will be tested when big games like Halo and next GTA release.

Halo is coming end this year and will be the first sign for Microsoft.

With a game like next GTA, Microsoft will reaps the benifits of the low cost console.

This feels like a dishonest post. Series S wonā€™t get itā€™s first real test until next Christmas when consoles and more next gen games are available. A lot of posts like this will look bad in a few years when the Series S is more competitive.

2 Likes

Ayyee next holidays when the series s goes on a sale with free to play actually free this thing will fall of the shelfs :thinking: getting a system for letā€™s say 250ā‚¬ to play coming games is huge.

Most people who criticise the Series S donā€™t even own one. Itā€™s a fantastic machine and itā€™s going to help Halo Infinite by a mile.

6 Likes

Theyā€™ve sold all theyā€™ve made regardless of system. Launch was always going to be hungry for X but clear that S is a play for longer term and market that canā€™t stump for X. Plus PS5 owners who fancy getting a cheap gamepass entry.

So no I donā€™t think there is any chance they will cancel the Series S. Not for several years at the very least.

2 Likes

They ainā€™t cancelling the Series S. Get this shit outta here.

3 Likes

I think he started out as just a regular forum user who dug deeper into information that could be found on the internet. He then apparently got some contacts that would give him info and developed a twitter following. Now I believe he did get a job doing some sort of analyst work, but does he actually represent a firm that does gaming analysis like Matt from NPD?

As others have already told you, Yes.

1 Like

yes. Heā€™s Senior Analyst at Niko partners, a firm that largely analyses and covers the Asian gaming market.

3 Likes

Huh? This is my first time commenting on this.

Thanks, I heard he got a job as an analyst but I did not know where.

1 Like

I bet Series S sells better than Series X during the holiday season this year.

Sorry, must have confused you with the others trying to discredit him.

1 Like

I recall phil speculating the opposite for at least this first year in the interview he gave with the verge

We figured that our first holiday, and probably our second holiday, you would see more of the higher end SKU, the Series X sold. We built more Series Xs than we did Series Ss. I think when we go into spring and summer, weā€™ll probably moderate that a bit. Over the long run, in most cases, price wins out. If you just go back and look at previous generations and when console generations hit the real sweet spot of sales, which is one of the reasons we like having that, thatā€™s the Series S at its price point.

Which I think makes sense early on, particularly his part on spring and summer being a bit different, I suspect for this first year or so Series X will be a highly desired item folks are willing to splurge on during the holidays, with Series S price tag being more comfortable for folks who donā€™t have gift money to spend in the off season months. Long term though that will change as more than just Enthusiasts and Early Adopters start to buy the new gen systems.

2 Likes