Josh Sawyer: I am directing my own project now (it's just not Avowed)

his twitter looks way happier now than a couple of weeks back. will be interesting to see what he is working on (beside his gravel bike).

make that Darklands spiritual successor Josh

This sounds exciting. Can’t wait to see what they have going on.

Look at what they achieved with The Outer Worlds on a AA budget. With MS funding, Avowed is going to blow doors off.

1 Like

Here’s hoping! Excited to see more of it.

What do you mean by this? was he not happy before. Excited to find out what the game is.

After Grounded I actually I favour for small projects that could be potentially a great hit. See what fall guy did.

nice, Joshua is a top tier game director.

he sounded pretty burned out by covid, american politics and so on

https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/1282394908247027712

Oh that sucks :frowning: hopefully he is feeling better. The world is in a bad place atm for multiple reasons.

Honestly cant wait I just recently got into The Outer Worlds and its just absolutely gorgeous on my new CX looking forward to playing the DLC once Series X comes out

Amazing, Joshua is an amazing director. Although I would have preferred him working on a bigger project this still excites me.

Letting their teams have these smaller passion projects is a superb strategy.

1 Like

Outsourcing, a metric shit ton of it

In his blog post about his daily routine he mentioned interviewing people or going over resumes in nearly every paragraph. From that, I take it they’re hiring.