Joseph Staten discusses the state of Halo with Insomniac's Ted Price

This is a great interview.

8 Likes

Interesting how Tedd Price gives those interviews sometimes. I remember he did one with Todd Howard too.

2 Likes

Have to say… These two looks like brothers :rofl:

I’m halfway through it now. Very cool interview as always from Ted and Game Maker’s Notebook, one of my favorite gaming related podcasts, I’ve been listening since they interviewed Phil Spencer.

3 Likes

I need to listen to this one. For the record, for all here, this podcast series is absolutely fantastic; Phil has been on twice I believe and there’ve been plenty of great guests and discussions for some BTS of the industry.

5 Likes

Yess! They also do music & sound design centric episodes hosted by Austin Wintory

3 Likes

I think there’s a group of high profile devs who conduct them. I know Tim Schafer did some too.

2 Likes

I’ve loved every one of these episodes that I’ve listened to as well. Some of the composer ones have been kinda neat. Will have to check this out.

1 Like

That’s fantastic as well! If you’re looking for a great game-music podcast, check out Music Respawn by Kate Remington; it’s a stellar deep-dive with the composers and she’s a proper music nerd with it.

1 Like

This was a fantastic interview. Always appreciate Joe’s transparency and honesty when looking at the realities of game development and Halo itself. I’d do anything to be able to have a chat with him to discuss Halo now and the future. I know he’d never publicly discuss it but I’m curious if he thinks going F2P live service was the right move considering the demands it requires. Also really interested in their plans for future campaign content.

2 Likes