It's been a week since launch. Let's chill with the doomposting

Whatever you want to call it, its not really a positive thing. I mean your chracterizing user here as doom posters. If you dont like what people say, then ignore it and talk about something you want to talk about. Its also a negetive chracterization of the discourse here, I think the vast majority of posts have been quite constructive.

1 Like

Ive not been on the site for a good long while and it looks like i picked one heck of a time to return

Can someone fill me in what the kicking off is about this time? Something to do with Assassins Creed Valhalla?

I didnt bother breaking my back in order to get a Series X, so ive not played with teh new system yet

Valhalla runs a little worse on XSX in comparison to PS5. DF recently released a vid:

1 Like

No crap, I’m really enjoying all the new games and Series X version of old games and enhanced BC, having a great time now and really love the Series X, looking forward to all the games coming on in the next few months.

Thanks for filling me in, aint gonna bother watching a 20 minutes video on the matter but id hazard a guess the differences are in actuality slight

2 Likes

Like the option for user replaceable batteries or the layout of the controller…

Not really. PS5 has up to a 30% performance lead. Essentially, the PS5 version is a 60fps game and the SX version is dropping into the 40s and screen tears like crazy.

Pretty sure they said it was a 15% lead and that 40s part was 1 section. As for screen tearing xbox supports VRR playstation doesn’t so I’m not seeing any tearing on my end

2 Likes

I’m fine with people having high standards for their preferred platforms, but I find most of this dialogue is centered around console warring (hardly surprising) and I just can’t begin to muster up the energy to care. Multi-platform performance should be a non-issue for Xbox, and will likely only improve as time goes on; if it doesn’t, then we’ll talk.

For now, I’m completely in love with my Series X, and I expect that to remain the case for years to come.

4 Likes

I think Ubisoft even said they will release a patch for screen tearing for Xbox.

1 Like

It’s going to be a long generation. Congratulations on being early adopters for those that got your hands on one. If the ups and downs of early adoption are a bit much, the good news is you won’t lose any money selling it to someone who couldn’t get one. I do think people need to take deep breaths and not get lost in every negative detail. It’s been very difficult for people to transition their projects on the fly and bring us what we got. There is tremendous potential and there’s going to be a lot of fun to be had this gen.

4 Likes

I wonder how many people noticed or even cared about this whole valhalla thing before seeing the digital foundry video dropped

4 Likes

I played through the whole game without frame drops and screen tearing (VRR). Only now am I seeing the meltdowns. Everyone sweating over a cross-gen launch title from Ubisoft no less are being goofy. Xbox needs to bring out some showpieces for the hardware, sure, but that’s about it.

3 Likes

Not sure I agree with that assessment. It’s about even with the PS5, which is what many have been saying for months. Will that change in the future? Nobody actually knows

Because there is a lull in news at the moment, I forecast two weeks of doomposting. This will end when Call Of The Sea, CyberPunk, and Game Awards give us something new to talk about in three weeks time. Until then, ignore the sad acts and enjoy the glory of Quick Resume and near instant loading. The fast travel on AC Odyssey makes me wonder if I could have cut my play time in half if I’d have had this speed last year!?

3 Likes

It’s a more powerful console. Like physically, it has more processing power and more hardware for things like ray tracing etc and general rasterization.

6 Likes

I love my XSX. Been having an absolute ball with it.

8 Likes

Yep that’s why I’m not exactly worried. It’s got better hardware the gaming output will be fine and it will perform better long term.

A launch with a newer GPU with brand new advanced features during a pandemic was always going to have some bumps in the road.

As is while actually playing games the Series X has been awesome.

3 Likes

30% differential would manifest itself consistently. In a few select scenes the Xbox dips by this amount but that does not reflect a 30% differential in performance. The 60FPS modes in DMC suggest a consistent 5% Xbox performance advantage - which you don’t seem interested in addressing.

2 Likes

All this thread did is dedicate a separate space for coming and doom posting the same shit anyway lmao