Is anyone else sick of people saying "but it's also coming to PC" anytime an Xbox Exclusive game gets mentioned? They say it like it's a bad thing!

Doesnt bother me in the slight, it is just another fanboy stupid argument. You play wherever you want and nobody has nothing to do with that.

I assure you that the vast majority of people who say that don’t actually have or play their games on PC at all and are just PlayStation fanboys, there is a certain forum where that sentiment is used a lot and when the Bethesda acquisition was announced it became very clear that most of those “PC gamers who don’t need to buy an Xbox console” weren’t really PC gamers but just PlayStation fanboys but the Bethesda acquisition was big enough to really bother them as they will now have to consider an Xbox if the big Bethesda games become exclusive.

And Nintendo… Arguably worse than Sony lol.

5 Likes

And I think they will those type of games being exclusive would turn the needle in into mindshare

It’s always been just a way for Sony fanboys to troll people. If all those Sony fans REALLY had hardcore gaming PC’s they wouldn’t have flipped their shit with the Bethesda purchase.

3 Likes

It’s a troll thing and I’ve had a few Twitter conversations that end up like this:

Them: “I don’t need an Xbox because I’m gonna get the games on PC.”

Me: “Microsoft Windows PC you mean. It won’t work on Linux.”

Them: “Of course, I never claimed otherwise.”

Me: “Just making sure. People don’t realize that MS makes more money when you buy the PC version because they take a few hundred dollar loss on selling you the Series X right now. But with PC you’ve spent around $1000 with MS not taking a loss on any of it, and in fact making some money with your Windows license and the fact that your GPU is DirectX compliant. So your Windows PC Halo Infinite purchase is pure gravy for them.”

For me it makes me wonder why MS isn’t heavily stressing “Windows PC” as part of their branding when talking about PC ports. They mention it, but sometimes they just say “PC”. If there’s a short form they should use it should be “Windows”. Ie. “Starfield will be exclusive to Xbox and Windows”.

I never got to use it yet on a troll but I was gonna call any reference to the PC as an “Xbox Series P” :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

If you saw the meltdowns when Horizon Zero Dawn went to PC you’d understand why they do it.

They just think it’s some sort of ultimate trump card that the game isn’t JUST available on that console. They legitimately see it that way in a lot of cases. It’s just a really good way of identifying who is a gaming enthusiast and who is a Sony enthusiast. The same difference between someone who is a car enthusiast versus someone who likes Corvettes or something.

4 Likes

Oh definitely, can’t think of many games bigger than Elder Scrolls and Fallout besides COD and GTA of course.

Yea

It’s ridiculous console war rhetoric.

Alot of people that use the argument: “It’s coming to PC so there’s no reason to get an Xbox” probably don’t even have a PC.

The argument was used as an attempt to devalue Xbox but that very argument is now falling flat on it’s face.

Now that MS bought Bethesda people are begging for those games to come to Playstation. Even though they’ll still be on PC. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

Like most people have said it’s just console war BS but it has already evolved from the “L0L I hav gamin pc no need for xb0n3” to “L0L im gonna sub 1 month play it unsub L0L gg MS u get $1 good luk goin bankrupt”.

It’s amusing to me because they’re still buying XBOX games so that means they like XBOX games, which deep down they will never say outloud, god forbid that right, anything to skirt saying Xbox games are good. Saying you’re going to buy it on PC is moot point because it’s considered a XBOX platform now.

I think this is a big reason for MS to put their games on PC/Cloud to cater to these weird people who couldn’t STAND having a Xbox in their house, like it’s some defeat and makes their PS bad or something.

It seems like a coping mechanisme for some of these people, Xbox has no games, Xbox has no good games, Xbox has no exclusives, I can just buy a PC no need to buy a Xbox, please don’t be Xbox exclusive, $1 Game Pass trials, Game Pass is illegal, Game Pass will kill gaming, Game Pass just has trash games the list goes on.

MS has a tough road ahead trying to turn this lot around, if they can at all. I have seen the much less crazy people start to look at Xbox though so it’s slowly working.

2 Likes

Fanboy on Twitter: “I’LL JUST PLAY IT ON MY ULTRA POWER PC! NO NEED TO BUY XBOX!”

Their PC:

8 Likes

bruh it doesn’t even have the turbo mode, how are you going to run Halo Infinite 4K120 with RTX??

1 Like

It’s missing a fan pointing at the side of the PC for extra cooling.

2 Likes

The irony is, the same people that normally say that, also think console sales are the only thing that matter and only true measure of success in videogames.

Go figure.

5 Likes

I just wait for playstation games to come to pc psnow. Then I dont need a playstation lol. J/

It a good thing what ms has done . In the end ms gets there money.

2 Likes

To answer your question directly, yes, I’m sick of every dumbass, nonsensical cliche around gaming. Including this one. Half the time, I never wanna speak to a gamer ever again.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t say that I’m sick of hearing it, but I did always find it a bit strange.

“Why should I buy an Xbox when I can play all their games on PC?”

I mean… Yeah? Why should you?

Wherever you play an Xbox game, be it PC, console, tablet or phone, TV when that happens… Wherever you play their games… You’re still playing their games.

Yes?

2 Likes

I think console warriors are the strangest people. Its like saying movies are better if I can only watch it on my iphone.

4 Likes

People act like anyone can just whip out their PC and play games like Forza and Horizon, but reality is not so simple. 90% of console gamers play exclusively on consoles because their PC is too weak or some other reason.

I have a capable PC with Steam Link hooked up to my TV and barely use it because I realized that PC gaming is just not comfortable for me. This is why I will be getting Monster Hunter Rise on Switch rather than PC.

Porting Microsoft and Sony games to PC does not reduce the value of their respective platforms in any way. It actually adds to it by increasing the success of a game. I was very happy to see Horizon ported to PC even though I already played it on PS4 because a game I love was getting millions of new sales. That money will make Horizon 2 even bigger.

The “but it’s also on PC” has very little basis in reality as an argument against purchasing an Xbox. If it were true, Sony fanboys would be excited to play these games on their PCs instead of trolling the comments section of every news release about them.

3 Likes

These people who say these things will soon be as obsolete as cutting edge gaming platforms that exclude PC and cloud.

2 Likes