Im getting tired of this False narrative!

There isn’t any evidence YET that Xbox has the quality that Sony has. This will change when Halo Infinite and Starfield and Forza Horizon release. I agree the argument is dumb but Xbox needs to consistently release good games for the narrative to change.

3 Likes

I disagree. Ori 1 and 2, Forza Horizon 4, Sea of Thieves, Tell Me Why, Gears Tactics already at or better than Sony Quality.

6 Likes

Facts. There’s this perception and narrative pushed hard by Sony fans and some media that all Sony games are 90+ Metacritic games, and that’s really not the case. Xbox is already on the same quality level as Sony for many games, they just haven’t reached that level on some of their more notable games so the others are ignored. Once some blockbuster Xbox games are reaching that pedestal, the quality debate will start to end.

2 Likes

Yea there is, the studios MS have purchased have put out some major franchises that easily compete with Sonys best.

The Elder Scrolls is a Juggernaut franchise for example that is as good or better than Sonys franchises.

1 Like

Using that logic then the same applies to the PS5, we have not seen the results of PStudios on Ps5 yet…

Its not a matter of “talking to like minded people”, its about journalists being incorrect and setting the record straight.

True, but people will say that they’re proven studios that delivered on the PS4.

No matter how better the line up for Xbox is, people need to see, touch and play the game until any sort of narrative gets changed out there.

You see, some gave a chance to Xbox this time around and are already seeing that there’s quality in the box.

For the rest, games will do the talking.

Yes, sony devs have proven themselves on PS4, but XGS’s have also made great games in the past. Its bizzare that anyone would have a one standard for PStudios track record and a different one for XGS’s. And as stated in my OP im not talking about jimmy playstation on the forums and twitter, im talking about journalists. I guess im might have some luck writing to kinda funny because I think they will listen to reason when presented with facts. To Greg Millers credit he has aknoledged the track record of XGS.

2 Likes

There is, XGS have a back catalogue better then PStudios.

See, how many GOTYs Xbox won last gen? How many games were even nominated for GOTY?

I understand that this isn’t the standard to know if a game is good or not, but it sure shows that a game has high level of quality that surpasses the common “great” game.

I have tons of fun on Ace combat 7, play it like no tomorrow, a great and fun one to me, but it doesn’t have that appeal and quality to reach the masses like a PStudios game.

Gears 5 is an awesome game, great quality, beautiful graphics, extremely fun. But it’s formulaic game, there’s nothing about it that shines through beyond being just a great game.

Of course there are games that deserve GOTYs but don’t even get a nomination too. But Sony has something few have right now and it’s consistency, I’m sure Xbox will reach this level this year and will reach beyond it, until then, the narrative won’t die.

Thats why statements like Jasons make no sense. How a exclusive portfolio is judged is subjective. So then it becomes a case of how which portfolio has won more metrics of quality.

So While PStudios may win more GOTYs, XGS’s has more 85+ opencritic games and more genre diversity.

But this is getting away from the main point, which is XGS are also doing the same AAA approach as PStudios , however XGS has more games, they are both doing AAA + AA. there is no difference in strategy when it comes to game budget, XGS just have more.

2 Likes

This is your opinion but unfortunately a lot of the narrative is driven by what games have high meta scores, are in a specific genre, and win BAFTA’s

2 Likes

I agree I just think there is a narrative that exists and Xbox will need to release games under this current regime for it to go away

2 Likes

Yes I cant wait until this concern is not widespread

1 Like

This isn’t true. Studios make the games, not Microsoft or Sony. Microsoft has plenty of teams with track records as good or better than Sony’s teams. I makes sense to wait and see when it comes to The Initiative, but Obsidian, Bethesda Softworks, Coalition, Rare, etc…it just isn’t rational to consider track records of one side’s teams but ignore the same on the other platform.

3 Likes

Multiple games in the list you replied to won BAFTA’s…

4 Likes

You mean like Sea of Thieves did? Hellblade also won multiple awards previously.

Nominations also include: Doom Eternal, Ori, Minecraft Dungeons, Tell Me Why

2 Likes

Again, I agree with what you’re saying. These games have been awarded. But because a third person action game with a 90+ on Metacritic won GOTY it is considered superior to everything else. That’s just the perception amongst journalists. It is very much a tired double standard that has no basis in reality.

1 Like

Agreed.

That is one sexy banner you have there.

8 Likes