ID@Xbox Summer Game Fest Demo Event to be held between June 15 an June 21 (update: some of the demos are live!)

Not sure if it’s intentional or some kind of bug, but the Sable demo is running kind of strangely, like some animations are skipping frames or something? It’s not a deal-breaker but it’s pretty noticeable.

Normally I would say it might be bugs because of a pre-alpha build, but the game is releasing in three months, unlike the other demos featured in the event.

With that said: I haven’t played it yet, but Sable has a very unique vision that might match what you are describing – they even have a 24fps version planned.

To be fair, the name of the demo also doesn’t look fully-baked, so it’s entirely possible it wasn’t supposed to go up yet. Even so, the five minutes I’ve played made an impression, and I’m eager to play more.

1 Like

Update: more demos are going live!

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/game-demos/games/xbox

2 Likes

Tunic is up for those interested. Just need the Lone Echo demo for me. That’s the last one that’s not out that I’m interested in.

2 Likes

I count 37 demos , not 40. And I see Echo Generation in there too, is that a updated demo? Because I played the previous demo of that.

More demos are supposed to be available throughout the week

Edit: I think?

Played Tunic & Sable. Day One for me.

Any impressions on the must play games other than Tunic and Sable?

You can’t go past…GOTY contender for sure :rofl:

1 Like

Echo Generation and Lake are supposed to be great aswell. Riftbreaker is coming to Game Pass later this year.

1 Like

Death Trash has potential too. Liked the style the atmosphere. Some rpg elements, nice world building. I keep an eye on it.

Installed the Sable & Tunic demos. Excited to have a look at both.

Tunic is one I’ve been waiting for, as a big Zelda fan. Sable caught my eye last weekend during the Summer Game Fest show.

It’s cool that Xbox provides demos like this. Might try a couple more, because why not. You never know what game might unexpectedly click with you.

1 Like

I saw the 7+ hour Xbox Era Livestream from Kage Maru posted on YouTube just a couple hours ago, and since I have work to do I thought I’d just skim through it but I ended up watching an hour. :laughing: As always, good stuff and there are more than a handful of titles I want to check out. I was hoping to narrow it down to 3 to 5 games to download but there’s a good 10 or so that I want to check out.

Check it out here:

4 Likes

Make sure to try out The internal Cylinder as well. This one is very unique, looks really nice, it’s also cute, haha.

This seems special so far!

Tunic was cute. Very interested in playing more of it.

A Juggler’s Tale is worth it too. Definitely keeping my eyes on that.

And again, The eternal Cylinder. Don’t sleep on this one folks.

1 Like

Played about fifteen minutes of Tunic and I’m really digging it a lot! @Staffy, I had a look at The Eternal Cylinder but the art style is kind of putting me off, do you think it’s worth pushing past that? I mean it’s a demo so it won’t cost anything but time but y’know, that’s at a premium with Game Pass :laughing:

Tunic wasn’t as good as I’d hoped. Felt much more Souls than Zelda to me, which I wasn’t looking for at all. Will give the full game a chance though, this was only a demo.

Sable, on the other hand, has me very interested. Based on that demo it’ll be a cool, chilled out exploration game with immersive sound effects, great music & a colourful visual style. Definitely looking forward to it’s full release.

1 Like

I would definitely push forward, check out the features and things like that. I thought it was really cool how the Trebhum creatures can just evolve whenever they want depending on what they consume. Yeah , definitely spend some more time.:slight_smile:

1 Like