ID@Xbox Summer Game Fest Demo Event to be held between June 15 an June 21 (update: some of the demos are live!)

Xbox announced today that they have partnered up once again with Geoff Keighley’s Summer Game Fest to hold a new edition of their popular ID@Xbox Demo Event.

Starting June 15 and running through June 21, players will be able to try out over 40 demos of upcoming unreleased games for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S at the comfort of their houses!

Just like last year, those are not usual demos, but rather an equivalent to the “show floor demos” we usually see at events like E3. Basically you will be able to play a (sometimes very) early version of a game that might not be released for a fair amount of time, which differs from the more traditional demos that are created when the game is completed (or nearly completed).

The full list of available demos will not be announced until we are closer to the event, but the Xbox team has anticipated a few titles we can expect:

Sable: Embark on a unique and unforgettable journey and guide Sable through her Gliding; a rite of passage that will take her across vast deserts and mesmerizing landscapes, capped by the remains of spaceships and ancient wonders.

Lake: It’s 1986 – Meredith Weiss takes a break from her career in the big city to deliver mail in her hometown. How will she experience two weeks in beautiful Providence Oaks, with its iconic lake and quirky community? And what will she do next? It’s up to you.

The Riftbreaker: The Riftbreaker is a base-building, survival game with Action-RPG elements. You are an elite scientist/commando inside an advanced Mecha-Suit capable of dimensional rift travel. Hack & slash countless enemies. Build up your base, collect samples and research new inventions to survive.

Echo Generation: The summer of 1993 is nearly at an end and a sleepy Canadian town suddenly becomes home to strange accidents and mutated creatures. Echo Generation is a voxel turn-based adventure game about a gang of kids investigating supernatural occurrences while battling monsters and mechs to save their small town.

Tunic: Tunic is an isometric action-adventure game where you explore the wilderness, fight monsters, and discover secrets. You play as a tiny fox in a big world that is filled with mystery. A beautiful setting, tight combat, and a variety of items await you on this grand adventure.

12 Likes

A few leaked demos (not yet available):

1. Black Book: Prologue
  2. Cardaclysm: Shards of the Four
  3. Catlateral Damage: Remeowstered
  4. Deathtrap Dungeon
  5. Echo Generation
  6. Justice Sucks: Recharged
  7. Lake
  8. Lawn Mowing Simulator
  9. Paint the Town Red
  10. Sable
  11. Tanknarok
  12. The Eternal Cylinder
  13. The Strange Story of Brian Fisher: Chapter 2
  14. Tunic
  15. Wreckout
4 Likes

TUNIC!!!

Definitely keen to check some of these demo’s out.

3 Likes

I’m torn on Tunic demo. It’s good to see it, but it makes me think the full game won’t be anytime soon. But then I realize Sable has a demo and is releasing in September.

1 Like

Will probably tryout Tunic.

1 Like

A couple more

6 Likes

Hopefully Blaster Master Zero 3 is among these. It will be on Steam’s demo thing, so I can see it being here too.

1 Like

Sounds like there will be some very interesting demos here judging by the official article and store listings. Last year there were some really cool demos as well, definitely will check it all out.

1 Like

I will absolutely be checking out at least Sable, Tunic and Echo Generation. That is awesome. Xbox as usual doing gamer focused things, and Sony out there using Geoff to reveal some unnamed game way down the road from a partnership with a brand new studio.

New demos!

Disclaimer: Those links are being found by Walking Cat on Twitter, but I can’t link him because his Twitter handle is also a code to put things in italic in here lol

https://twitter.com/_h0x0d_/status/1403147870392381443
1 Like

Updated the second post with a list of every known demo so far (14 out of 40+)!

2 Likes

last year was a blast, i tried almost everything. this lineup looks even better!

3 Likes

This list is so cool.

1 Like

I’ll 100% be checking out that Tunic demo. One of my most anticipated games.

2 Likes

THERE WILL BE A DEMO FOR THE FUTURE GAME OF THE YEAR!

8 Likes

Elden Rings been real quiet since this news dropped.

2 Likes

Some of the demos are live!

8 Likes

Oh damn, Sable demo is available?!

1 Like

Yes! Go to the Demo section on the Xbox Store and there are a few of demos already available!

2 Likes

Waiting impatiently for the Tunic demo. Feel like I’ve been anticipating that game forever

2 Likes