Hi-Fi RUSH |OT| The Evil Ry-thm

Question for all:

Many of us have heard the name of the title before the official reveal. What did you have in mind before? A mobile size game? Visual novel? I’m sure hack and slash was far behind the choice.

I thought it was going to be a FPS MP game

1 Like

Games like this is why I think acquiring Platinum would be good. Passion projects for Xbox have been a hit so far. It’s nice to know Tango is capable of such high visual octane game, this makes me think they could easily outdo Arc system Works in the fighting and visuals genre. This is a welcome surprise.

1 Like

11 hours later, it’s beaten. Time to make a review… at 3am

21 Likes

Of course it is meant in a positive way, OG Xbox exclusive games from Japan were amazing and this looks like a Sega game from that era! makes me nostalgic for the best generation ever.

Also I saw someone above mentioned Viewtiful Joe…oh man I wish I could play this. Looks amazing visually and the animations are so fuckin’ good. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I played for around 4 hours last nightz really didn’t want to put it down. If this is the kind of quality we can expect from Xbox 1st party this year, sign me up. Incredible game.

20 Likes
18 Likes

Only played the first chapter so far, but am already in love with it. I may or may not suck rhythm games, but at least it doesn’t look like keeping the rhythm is gating progression here and only provides you a bonus instead, which is comforting.

2 Likes

Exactly, rumors said its will be pentiment like in scope so I was shocked when they revealed it. Absolutely blown they shaddow dropped a game like this. Insane

1 Like

Game is fantastic, really seems to have went down well, the whole thing.

1 Like

Ok i see. So far with the passion projects type games, it 3 out of 4, meaning 3 good ones and 1 bad one that flop. The 3 good ones being Grounded, Pentiment, Hi-Fi Rush and the bad one being Bleeding Edge.

That a good record so far. Would like passion project from Inxile and maybe Compulsion games to.

1 Like

I’ve seen some on twitter asking if it’s timed exclusive. However, we know this game wouldn’t be possible without Microsoft because no way Zenimax would give the green light to this game imo.

If it did get green lighted, I can imagine asking for MTX or forced co-op to compensate the cost. They’re probably be told to stick to horror and nothing experimental.

1 Like

Its devil may cry but cooler

1 Like

But but but… can we trust the quality of a game if review codes hasn’t been given to media outlets and influencers before game launch? :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s interesting, but when you google hifi rush metacritic and no results show up, but it’s nice to see 2nd search result takes you to this website review. If this game scores low on MC I hope people don’t try to weaponize. However, I feel confident this game will review well

I was actually poking fun at Forspoken.

2 Likes

It’s funny that this game was released on the same day as it was announced. One of the streamers I followed planned to play Forspoken for the first time, but once Hi-Fi Rush was announced and available, he changed the whole plan. As much as I want to watch him cringe, this was a great exchange.

1 Like

You don’t have to worry about that, its already popping off on steam reviews. People are loving it.

6 Likes

Maximilian Dood?

4 Likes