HALOERA Podcast | You Had Me at Halo Podcast |OT| The Great Journey

Greetings to the distinguished council of all things Halo. Speaking of Halo, do you all plan on carrying on with this podcast, now that Sony has purchased the franchise with their acquisition of Bungie and Halo will now be moving to Playstation?

And before you nerds get all “uh…actually” with me. Just know that it has to be true, because I saw it on TV and Twitter and Youtube. Which is the tifecta of all that is real and honest reporting

1 Like

Hello!

Do you think Halo Infinite will be supported for a long time or will Sony hurry up and make a sequel to make it exclusive? I know they said games will be kept multiplatform but I don’t trust them. What do you think?

Hugs, Mort.

3 Likes

lol

Oh come on. Don’t be absurd!..wait

1 Like

Hello propspective Paramount Plus subscribers,

a question about live services and Bungie. I am not a online gamer, I prefer single player experiences myself, plus I am not a competitive person anyway, so hence a question that is spawned from ignorance.

I understand that both Destiny and Halo Infinite are games as a service, is the implementation by 343 the same as Bungie? And if it is not the same, how are they different? And if they are different, is Bungie doing a good job of it?

GOC

“An Sony acquires Bungie question, but phrasing it from a Halo-centric direction.”

We’re going live Friday night, tentatively set for 7pm. They just announced a Halo Waypoint blog post going up Friday so we’re pushing it back a day to talk about it. Drop any questions for us below!

2 Likes

Hi ho Halo fellows,

this week we saw two stricken games get updates, of one kind or another. Cyberpunk 2077 got its long awaited new-gen update, and pretty much the general summation is that this is the version that the game should have launched with. On the other hand EA talked about the unsuccessful launch of Battlefield 2042, and what caused it.

Both of these games launched unready for public gaming. In Cyberpunk 2077 it took over a year for the console version to realise its promise (PC players however loved it), and for Battlefield 2042, those (long) months are in front of them.

However, it is true that for any game there comes a time when, after doing all the alpha and beta testing to find bugs, and fine polishing, you have to release the game, and let the public find the problems that could not be uncovered pre-launch.

So, my question is, was Halo Infinite launched in a state that it was launch ready? We hear so much about the problems that Halo Infinite is experiencing, regarding things like missing features such as BTB, new maps or game modes, the poor state of microtransaction, etc. This is not to mention features not present such as coop campaign and Forge, which many people say should have been there from the start.

But it would also be true to say that some of the issues the game is facing could only be found when the game went live. Also, the extensive test flights would have battle-hardened the game, and taken away some issues that may not have been found until launch.

So my question is, in your opinion, could Halo Infinite been given extra time to be finetuned, say for a launch in February or March 2022? Or was the game so ready by November 2021 that there wasn’t any real reason not to launch in December?

GOC

Hello guys and cats!

How are the plans for another community night of BTB mayhem coming along? Was great fun last time.

Hugs, Mort.

2 Likes

Screw the empty salutations and platitudes…I have been sitting here wating for you guys to come on since thursday night. Where the hell were you!!!

Edit: Why can’t I change the damn time stamp on this thing???!!!

1 Like

My fence blew down last night so the guys graciously changed the date so I could have a proper flail about.

The first part is true.

Hey, how did you already answer this yesterday morning?

Time travel :sunglasses:

1 Like

Wait, if you could do that, why didn’t you go back and do some prevented maintenance on your flarkin fence???

By the way…Halo guys…am i right

1 Like

Butterfly effect man…

We’re Live!

2 Likes

We’re all knee-deep in Elden Ring, so let’s think of just what open-world influences it could potentially have when it comes to Halo Infinite’s future campaign content (and also talk a lot about Elden Ring!) Leave your questions below and we’ll get to them come heck or high water.

1 Like

Hello Spartans!

As we all know, it’s a bit unrealistic to ask for new maps & new modes at this point. But I’m thinking a daily and weekly featured custom game as a hopper/playlist could be the most realistic thing on the horizon. Custom games is 95% there and the only 1 feature missing is presetting a player’s equipment (though it’s doable in Training mode).

These hoppers would get people to check in daily and weekly to see what’s new. I have a feeling many would try a round or two to see if it’s fun.

One thing Fortnite does so well is create modes, skins, & weapons based on current trending games & IPs. This week we can all agree that Elden Ring is everything. Many play where you come in to attack & then roll to avoid counterattacks. So how about a custom Slayer game with swords and thrusters along with increased shields? Call the mode “Ancient Ring” as a nod to the Halo rings.

When the Spider-Man movie came out, Oddball with grapple, swords, & spike grenades would have been great (you can allow for sprint & equipment usage with the oddball in custom games, which would make for some amazing chases through the map).

When Crossfire X came out, having the Commando and Sidekick with realistic damage, no shields, no equipment, no motion tracker, reduced jump, and with only 1 life for 3 team slayer rounds could have been interesting.

When Prey (the new Predator movie) comes out, Active Camo, spike grenades, and swords for all.

Not all of them will be homeruns. Some will be love/hate relationships like with Shotty-Teleporters (some people don’t appreciate genius). Some of these might become classics like Team Rockets.

The daily custom game playlists can be straightforward ideas like 12v12 tactical slayer on Deadlock. Snipers and shotties. Headshots only. Team Rockets. Etc. Stuff that doesn’t push the cheese envelope far enough to scare off serious, no-nonsense players. Rotated daily to keep things fresh.

So my question is (and I apologize for the length here), using the current game modes and weapons available, which custom game would you design for the entire world to play if it were featured for a week? What sort of no-nonsense playlist would you like to appear as a daily custom game?

2 Likes

Bidding you all a good evening, from my Grunt propoganda tower

Do you guys see future DLC, where there could be Brute mini bosses riding a mount at you and one hit killing you with a giant gravity hammer? Yeah, neither do I. I only asked this because I was goaded to by the descriptor for this podcast and couldn’t come up with anything I would want Halo to borrow from Elden Ring?

So I guess my real question is which one of you came up with that idea? And I request that the rest of you shame him…unless it was Jesse. Which in that case GREAT IDEA, JESS!!! I THINK WHEN INFINITE GETS MULTIPLAYER, THEY SHOULD MAKE US USE FESTERING BLOODY FINGERS AND PASSWORDS TO PLAY WITH OTHERS!!!

Hail Halo Followers,

I’ve been seeing a few Youtube videos recently calling Halo Infinite “a failure”. I can only assume that these videos are commentating on the lack of updates and material lately from 343 Industries. Of course, this would be all solved tomorrow if 343 Industries introduced a bit of crunch into the workplace.

Of course, 343 aren’t going to do that. But, we come up against the deadlines of having issues fixed as well getting new features completed. Short of removing management (which I doubt will happen), what is the solution?

GOC

2 Likes

Greetings guys and cats!

Everyone seems to be very focused on the PvP aspect when it comes to the live service part of the game, but I think they should lean into the PvE harder. Both more campaign content, but perhaps also lean into different PvE modes and maybe even evolve the game into more of a MMO-lite.

Do you think they should perhaps go for something more like Destiny with the PvE side of the game?

Hugs, Mort.

2 Likes