Halo The Series |OT| Steven Spielberg's Magnum Opus [Spoilers]

Good episode. Solid finish besides odd face touch. I liked the drama and scenes with the politics and chief v halsey. Now that they seemingly know where to go now there is no more need for Chief to keep going after the artifact and seizing up lol

I will gladly accept the face touching, as I can easily brush it off as him just questioning the reality of the situation

Because I was so worried Chief was going to romanticaly cradle Makee, tilt her back and plant a big kiss on her. As the camera pans back, the music swells and then…

…it cuts to a young Fred Savage “hold it, hold it, hold it…WHAT IS THIS…”

This was another great episode! I love how we keep getting suprised, It cannot be overstated how good a descision it was to not follow the games or books. Doing its own thing, this series just keeps getting better.

Halsey is so damn creepy, she had me fooled for a second in that scene with Miranda… Great character though.

Glad Kai made it through, still my favourite character in all this. Felt bad for her in that armoury scene, the look of “was I like this?” on her face, haha.

I wonder how bad this Makee situation is going to end… It will be very interesting for sure.

Also… OMG HALO!

Haha, I laughed out loud reading that. But yeah, it’s true.

I thought the same thing when the credits started, “boy this show is great with Kwan Is limited to 10 seconds”. The series has just kept getting better and for a episode that had no big fight scene to be sooooo good is a testament to the creative teams vision.

Agree.

Enjoyed being surprised with fresh and different takes on the world.

Very good episode.

Especially loved Halsey’s scene with Miranda and Chief testing Cortana’s limits.

1 Like

follow the link if you have any questions for us during tonight’s podcast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVw1fySnuww

2 Likes

I’ll repeat my catch phrase from the podcast

Show good

Not looking forward to the CHORE that will be watching next week

Huh???

next week’s episode is a Kwan Ha special, similar to this week’s Chief/Halsey exclusive.

3 Likes

3 Likes

I think Kwan’s arc could never be mentioned again and the majority of the audience would not remember the character existed at all.

3 Likes

So much for that

I still have some hope that Kwan’s arc could be redeemed with some twist later in the show.

Apart from Soren this is the only guy I liked on the entire planet of Madrigal.

1 Like

Ahh yeah!

I’ve loved this guy ever since his “Fuck the Oscars” rant at the Game Awards

2 Likes

The problem with Madrigal’s events is that they are too detached from the main story line. It was good in the first episode, but later it became its own show.

Maybe if, after the firat episode, events in the colony were presented in a different timeline with flashback points touching on the politics of the UNSC, Spartan program, Covenant war, etc, while the main story touches on related themes. And maybe later, the past is linked to the origin of one of the present day major characters (Makee for example) or events.

1 Like

Just watched the new episode and wanted to ask our resident lore experts, Could the artifact be creating a connection to the Domain?