Halo |OT2| Forging Ahead

He was able to pump that out in just a couple of hours as well

Seriously 343, put as much focus on forge as possible, they’ll never have to worry about lack of content again, fans will make it all for them

I never get an answer to this, but is it possible to do singleplayer content such as missions with stories and such in Forge? I’ve got no idea how it has been in the past.

If so, it might indeed be great.

I agree with that. Infinite’s UI is sterile (like Halo 5). Feels like it’s a different team that made MCC’s UI.

My biggest problem with Infinite’s UI is how damn slow it is

But yeah, it’s pretty damn dull in it’s current form

Funfact:

The person making level on the Infinite Forges is a Level Artist at Gearbox.

1 Like

There isn’t so far as I know an option to specifically make campaign levels, but with the node based scripting people have a ton of flexibility and could probably make single player content if they wanted to. As far as I know there isn’t currently a way to add enemy AI in forge other than the typical multiplayer bots though, which is probably the biggest limition.
This IS still an unfinished build so even if it’s not available at launch it’s something they could potentially add later, even potentially after launch. One promising sign is they are working on a multiplayer mode called Extraction where you fight campaign enemies - so they are actively working on multiplayer content involving enemy AI so it is possible that will include adding the functionality to forge.

1 Like

Thanks! There’s some hope for it in the future then. I don’t get very excited by MP maps so trying to find something for me in all this.

7 Likes

I remember a map done in Halo 5 that was pretty much this.

1 Like
4 Likes
8 Likes

Damn they have to release Forge soon. Within a week we would have more Halo maps that 343 can make within 1 year.

Not taking anything away from Forgers, but creating a map from the ground-up is a lot harder than most would think.

6 Likes

I think the main problem 343 runs into when build maps is that they have to be design for competition most of the time, and that’s where they put their focus on. If they were to just say whatever, and make no competitive maps for people to just mess around in(forging, and any game type they want) it would be very healthy for the game imo.

That said forge is going to be so good, in Halo 5 people created game types like spy VS merc, night of the mantis and maps, a Titanfall inspired map that had mantises drop from the sky every could of minutes, one map even with destructable environments like seige but it was based on destroy a barrel. But the current forge is just do much better that those game types could be improved on to make them better than th

2 Likes

…they are

1 Like
7 Likes

2 Likes