Halo |OT2| Forging Ahead

I think most of this is fair. The ending is certainly hyperbolic like Knottian said, but at least with the “only 2 maps in 6 months” issue, we’re getting Forge in September. With it, an incomprehensible mountain of UGC and if you think the plan isn’t to supply matchmaking with more maps via Forge, you’re in for a massively disappointing surprise. It’s been the SOP since Halo 3’s DLC maps introduced more complex forge items.

4 Likes

We do have 343 on record multiple times saying that they also want 3 month seasons.

At this point, we just need to hope they can get their workflow to that level.

Ideally by season 3’s release lol.

6 Likes

Indeed. Personally do not see the point of continually complaining about the season lengths, because 343 has come out and said they are not happy and that is what they are trying to prove.

We will just have to see if season 3 is when they can get the release cadence in a good place.

5 Likes

I don’t think that’s hyperbole at all, would you say that this update generated much in the way of positive word of mouth? LSS has been well received but I’ve seen just as much negative sentiment due to the rest of the issues with the season.

With regards to UGC - hopefully you’re right.

I don’t know about everyone else here, but I have seen a good amount of positivity for the quality of the content that is out for this season so far.

7 Likes

This season is fine if it didn’t come 6 months after launch and it lasts for 6 months - even though more content is due this season. I actually would caution people to not expect much more than this once the release cadence is in full flow.

You may get the odd season where it has more content but usually it will probably be around this.

1 Like

Certainly, I’ve seen the same - and that’s kinda the point I’m getting at - unfortunately all the other issues are overwhelming the positivity that the content could have generated.

The sentiment I’ve seen the most with regards to this update is something along the lines of:

“I really like some of this stuff, it’s just a shame about x, y and z”

If we can get this kinda update (minus gun jamming and skill jump removals) every three months then we’ll be golden.

2 Likes

The Tank gun as well.

Reading their latest Waypoint post, it is nice to see how quickly they are addressing some of the feedback and it has only been 10 days since the start of S2.

5 Likes

Yeah, was gonna say this. They’re definitely getting faster at addressing this stuff now that they are in the swing of things. I assume it’ll get even better over time.

2 Likes

It is not a shock to say that, perhaps, they are steadily getting better at the ‘live service’ part of the game.

4 Likes

Just like for Rare, it is a learning curve.

By the way Joe Staten has confirmed that these changes/fixes are separate from the drop pod that is planned.

4 Likes

Yeah I think this is pretty much unanimous. While Forge won’t address the limited ranked maps, it should hopefully address everything else.

I’m sure it takes a ton of internal map testing for maps to be eSports ready, so I was wondering if it could be a possibility to test them publicly over social playlists and make tweaks to them “Live” before they are ready to be played over ranked.

1 Like

This has probably been posted before. But I just watched it and it’s a really well made History of Halo video. Really enjoyed this.

2 Likes

I really hope 343 take out the duos and have it just be solo for rank

I was eliminated before the match ended in LSS and the last two players meleed themselves into a tie with the end results as me in 1st place. Has this happen to anyone else? Does everyone get first place when this happens? Pretty funny btw.

Update: Checked my stats on Halo Tracker and it didn’t count as a win. As I thought.

4 Likes

Yeah that happened to me as well, and I wondered if it was because I had the highest score. So maybe the bug is tied to that?

1 Like

Man, Breaker and Catalyst are fantastic maps, I would argue the best Infinite has rn. Breaker is especially great and probably one the best maps in the whole series. LSS is also perfect on this map