Halo |OT2| Forging Ahead

There are times when it becomes too obvious an “influencer” feels scorned and bitter and just has it out for a developer. I’m very sure that is what’s happening with the Act Man now

And no, I’m not saying that to imply that I understand why he feels that way. I thinks he’s exposed himself as a real whinner and a grifter. I just see what he’s doing for what it is

And it’s very shitty

4 Likes

It’s funny how people (like The Act Man) would call developers lazy when they make hundreds of hours of YouTube videos about video games and don’t take any time to understand what goes into the development of a game or understand the industry in any capacity.

You know what that is, right? Lazy YouTubers. Too lazy to do the research necessary to be qualified to speak on a topic.

8 Likes

Obviously game development is easy. Look at Halo fans already hard at work making so much content in Froge. Forge itself was easy they just port their engine to the players, the engine which was originally made by Bungie anyway, 343 made no effort essentially, I could literally make Halo Infinite myself in a year or less if I had their tools and budget. Lazy developers enough excuses!

7 Likes

This is just the content for the audience the ActMan curated over the years. If this guy would make an extensive video series about Forge, how many views would this attract? Exactly.

4 Likes
3 Likes

I want a hero shooter mode so much

There is some overlap here with this video with Boosted’s share but also includes some looks at Halo 2+3 map remakes:

3 Likes
4 Likes

Some new leaks, here’s the DMR in-game. Basically confirmed for Season 3 at this point, there’s even gameplay:

Newest build also references these six maps:

Solitude and Cataract have already been shown off, Engine and Exiled are supposedly Season 3 BTB maps, though I’m not certain. Ridgeline (Arena) seems new, and Wasteland (BTB) has been seen in the files previously.

BTB mode variants:

4 Likes

I really really hope season 3 isn’t 6 months long, but at the very least it sounds like there’s gonna be a decent amount with all this and extraction on top of forge and co-op being added soon.

1 Like

I think 4-month long seasons would be a nice middleground for both sides. 3 month is maybe a little too ambitious. But 4 month would divide in 3 nice seasons for next year

2 Likes

But who knows, maybe they already got up to speed, saw on their site that they got no open positions anymore so I think they managed to fill those jobs fairly quickly

I personally prefer 4 months for other live service titles. Vigor moved to that and increased the level cap from 50 to 75 and people seem to be ok with that.

1 Like

I think 70-90 days for each season is the ideal sweet spot.

4 months is pretty rough imo. That’s only 3 season per year.

Quantum Translocator, probably season 3 equipment:

Early Falcon, not sure if this will be season 3:

New weapons sounds for the beam rifle and SMG:

5 Likes
3 Likes

I’m pretty sure we’ve discussed the topic of having a third person view mode in this game, long ago, and someone has made a video demonstrating it. Apparently there’s a rumour that we would see it and it would make sense for the BR mode. And as we’ve discussed earlier it would be nice to be able to see your armour while playing.

1 Like

3rd person for the BR mode actually makes sense. Maybe you’re onto something. :thinking:

2 Likes

That would be neat. I don’t have much interest in cosmetics in general, and in first person it’s about zero. Seeing the character would probably be a good idea to increase MTX sales.

2 Likes

Or on to something, perhaps

2 Likes