Halo |OT2| Forging Ahead

:joy:

Considering how god damn good Forge looks - they should take all the time they need. I wouldnā€™t be too surprised if it needs an extra couple months, after all they were very specific in saying ā€œwe are targeting Septemberā€ which leaves some pretty clear wiggle room for a potential delay. The latter point in the tweet is a bit nonsense though, the roadmap posted months ago listed Forge for September but also mentioned it as a feature of Season 3. I donā€™t think thereā€™s any deeper meaning than this being viewed as an on-going feature, even if thatā€™s a bit awkward a way of putting it.

2 Likes

Review incoming next week. Feels surreal to have this early. Sending an email to a massive publisher like Simon and Schuster and getting a reply was not expected. Let alone them immediately shipping out a copy.

9 Likes

0 problems from me, forge is looking absurdly huge and great and I wouldnt like the team to rush a release of an important pillar of Halo infinite comeback.

1 Like

The fact that this is only 15% of the budget is WILD:

5 Likes

Do we see a bookcast in the future?

We do, hopefully a week or two after launch.

1 Like

even if itā€™s just myself and the Mrs. :doge:

1 Like

One of these days some of the others will pick up their first book! :wink:

But thatā€™s great though, looking forward to it.

1 Like

Kinda makes sense to launch forge with Season 3, and treat season 3 as a soft-relaunch I just think it sucks in relation to this season, considering the fact that we have roughly 3 more months to go, and Iā€™m almost done with the battlepass.

the latter half of this season is gonna be as dry as the latter half of season 1.

1 Like

Yep, and not just competitive, but also a map thatā€™s played by millions and millions of people.

The sheer amount of testing a map like that needs makes it so they obviously canā€™t just throw them out. Especially if they want to keep their quality high.

That being said, forge will help fill in much of the map gap, so itā€™s still really exciting.

3 Likes

I remember years ago, I think in the lead up to Halo 3 coming out, Bungie put out a post talking about the map making process and it was a lot of work even back then! They had all sorts of systems for analysing player data like theyā€™d build heatmaps to figure out where players were dying and where all the action was taking place and adjusting the map even in tiny ways accordingly - because even a small flaw could just ruin the flow of a map. Thereā€™s always been a ton of thought put into these things, now more than ever since they have competative modes and casual players - and crazy movement options like grapple hooks in maps they want to be part of a game that will be actively supported for years to come.

2 Likes
6 Likes

You could make Diddy Kong Racing in Halo, pretty much!

Just drive to a destination and have it auto-switch vehicles there, and hit the next destination.

Thereā€™s going to be so much content that thereā€™s an opportunity for some websites or YouTubers to curate the best of the best.

On YouTube I also saw a Squid Game ā€œRed Lightā€ mode. It wasnā€™t very well implemented but it shows that you could do it in Forge. If done right it could be really awesome. Have the arena surrounded by 30 turrets. Make complying players invincible so they arenā€™t collateral damage.

3 Likes

Ranked doubles towards the end of the month! Hallelujah!!!

4 Likes
5 Likes

You should watch HCS on Twitch for some goodies ! :wink:

I think I missed the armor coating from yesterday, sadly.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/Halo/status/1555267585809305600?t=EgwXUeISIsC7q53CjpgX7g&s=19

The coating is for today

1 Like