Halo |OT2| Forging Ahead

:rofl:

Obviously not a priority but I hope that 343 reworks the menu and the nameplates in the future. The current menu feels like a static placeholder and the nameplates are very simplistic and bland (similarly to Halo 5). Hope they take inspiration from Halo MCC which is fantastic on this side (especially the animated ones).

1 Like

Pretty sure that modifying one move won’t stop people from watching pros playing.

2 Likes

It’s yet another overreaction by an extremely small, boisterous part of the community followed by a bunch of bandwagoners who were never affected in the first place. For real… this is what people want to bitch about today?

7 Likes

That’s true, new maps are really good and Last Spartan Standing is really fun too.

1 Like

Perhaps it is, but I think that 343i could/should have communicated that this change was coming before the start of Season 2.

I can still see them reverting the skill jump changes (or most of them) back to how it was before.

5 Likes

Steam chart is back over 15,000 peak. If only it was Friday. Anyway, if I have a dollar for every video I see with dead or dying in the title, I’ll have all paid cosmetics.

Its something that absolutely nobody was complaining about, effectively decreases the skill gap and did so without communicating whatsoever with the community

Meanwhile things that people have been complaining repeatedly about since launch go untouched

It’s fine if people dont care about it, I expect most don’t but others do and I dont think it’s out of line for them to be upset about, it’s again just another needless own goal and they are bringing it on themselves for no reason

1 Like

Can’t progress in the new event :sob:

We a a decent amount of content, Halo can make a comeback simply because it is an enjoyable game to play. But they need regular good updates.

Of course. I just don’t like how people are calling it dead game and what not. Hell, it wouldn’t surprise me the crowd of anti-Xbox hopped in because it’s an Xbox game and failing game is a happy time for haters. I know it has issues, but it’s functional and debatably most fun in arena shooter, at least in recent years.

One goot thing is that BTB maps now have more attack vehicles outside of drops. Played a game on Deadlock and Mangooses were replaced by Ghosts.

2 Likes

Yeah they could have said there were some unintended paths people could take and they removed them, and then actually show an updated version of the map with that same junction box broken off and on the ground with a “please do not stand on the junction box” sticker on it.

Part of live service games are the evolution of maps and fixing that issue in an explicit way shows it visually.

This is factually not true if you look at their Season 1 Outlook report - just because those things have not been fixed yet does not mean they are not actively working on most, if not all, of them.

1 Like

My point isn’t that they are not working on those things, im aware that they can take time and have no issue with that

The problem is they “fixed” something nobody asked them to fix and for some people made the game worse while actual issues in the game still arent fixed

I already agree with you that they should have communicated that change wrt skill jumps.

However, to say that actual issues in the game still aren’t fixed… I do not agree with that entirely.

How so? Things literally are not fixed, they even said so in the dev update a few days ago, its what their priority is for this season

I don’t know what ‘things’ you are referring to. All I am saying that saying ‘none’ of the actual issues have been fixed is not true from what I see.

Regardless of what your view is, if you disagree, then so be it. I don’t want to prolong this conversation.

1 Like

After a first season worth of events (and occasional shop purchased) god damn my Mark VII, V and Tensai armour set look so cool I kinda don’t want to switch to a new armour set till it looks just as good. This could take a while…