Halo |OT2| Forging Ahead

The show is off to a solid start IMO, for me how well they develop the various antagonists will determine if it will just be good or if it can become great.

I don’t follow individuals or communities that are intellectually dishonest so I haven’t seen any of the naysayers, but if someone is already saying that it is bad, then they are bringing one or several different agendas to the show.

1 Like

I am sure if 343 wasn’t struggling to get season 2 and key features like co-op and forge out then they would have loved to do some cross promotion. We are where we are though, and delaying any of that stuff to prioritize a TV tie in would be a terrible choice.

2 Likes

No it was just some weird looking jumps but honestly after that there wasn’t anything that I thought looked bad. The amount of bad assness built around the Spartans is really cool. Really cool line towards the end.

Enjoyed it more than I thought i gave it a 7 to 8 out of 10 solid start

1 Like

“343 focusing too much” they’re a massive studio with different divisions. They have a transmedia one that does this stuff. That division has nothing to do with the game development one.

Someone should feel free to make one with a decent OP if possible.

1 Like

In fairness any chance of coordinating cross promotion between Infinite and the TV show got thrown out the window when Infinite got delayed for a year. Have to remember they were forced to let the Monster promo run it’s course (because Monster needs lead time for box and can manufacturing) and then by the time the game came out they had signed an entirely new deal with Rockstar Energy. Also, the show itself kept moving around it’s release dates. Some of the appearance and VFX wasn’t finalized until a couple months ago…

As it is, they have everyone focused on getting the game together for the next season update and backtracking to add content to Infinite’s current retail build, which is functionally relatively “dead” in terms of feature development, wasn’t going to happen especially when the show itself didn’t even have art locked in until this calendar year. It’s not really an indicator of how much anyone cares, juts a matter of picking battles.

4 Likes

Absolutely nothing was “fanfiction” about the budget.

4 Likes

Raw dollars in budget and production value are two completely different things.

People seem to think the two are the same.

1 Like

We’re going live tonight at 7pm EDT to break down episode 1.

2 Likes

Episode 1 was good, much better than I expected.

I thought it would look cheap because it’s a TV show that needs a lot of visual effects. And those usually look cheaper the more vfx they need, unless you have a huge budget to meet the expectations.

But I though it was good enough and didn’t take me out of the experience. The Spartans I thought would have been better with CGI than with practical suits, but I can understand why they might want to do it this way.

They story is also interesting and a good start, and not being canon creates exciting possibilities. The cast is also good. Hopefully it continues delivering in the next episodes.

Going live at 7pm EDT, so 80 minutes from now. If you have any questions drop them in our OT linked above.

1 Like

I need to get me a pair for ahem work…

3 Likes

is this game still crossplay with pc before I bitch?

SWAT with these stupid weapon variants blows as well.

I do not know with anyone else, but I find it a bit surreal that after almost a decade the Halo TV show is finally here.

Unfortunately, I live in the UK and do not have Sky, so I will have to wait until Paramount finally brings their streaming service here.

I’ve heard so much from people about not having Sky

Are they just too expensive, or are people adverse to that network for other reasons?

Well, we have multiple providers of television and Internet just like any other country, so people naturally gravitate to multiple companies, as different companies different deals. But Sky is also a satellite company, so you have to get a dish installed etc if you want to go with them for television.

Having said all that, they are one of the biggest in the industry over here, so a lot of people are with them.

Ah, I thought of them as a network of diffent channels and maybe streamed stuff as well

Had no idea they were a provider and did dish service as well. Jeez they’re big

Do they have a lot of content you can only get through them? And if so do you have to own a Dish, or can you pay to stream it as well, like with Disney, or HBO?

You guys don’t do apps?