Halo Infinite. Coming holiday 2021

According to Amazon Halo infinite is coming Holiday 2021. This seems perfect if you ask me, Thanks to gamepass this will be a short wait . There is enough stuff to play anyway.

https://www.amazon.com/stores/ShopMicrosoft/XboxSeriesX_Xbox/page/C8B75B4A-B048-488C-9390-A56206B4D434

This is just a placeholder listening and really shouldn’t be taken as any sort of confirmation. I’d argue that maybe the title should be updated to relfect this as well as I intially thought it was officialy confirmation from Microsoft or 343i.

4 Likes

I really hope they give the devs the time they need to make it the best and most ambitous game next gen.

1 Like

I absolutely agree, once it was missing launch, there is no need to rush it into Q1 and I could very easily see it drop Fall 2021 at this stage.

1 Like

My understanding is that when there isn’t a firm date, some retailers will use 12/31 of the year that the game is expected to launch as a placeholder.

Its a placeholder but I agree, its not coming any earlier than Holiday 2021

Yeah, even AC:Valhalla had the 31/12 (yes dd/mm) date as placeholder but now we know its coming in November

My bet is that whoever edited the website did a Search and replace 2020 -> 2021. And Holiday 2020 became Holiday 2021.

2 Likes

Cmon, they wouldn’t have decided a date so soon after the delay. It’s a placeholder.

1 Like

100% placeholder, 100% want it holiday ‘21 to give them as much time as they need.

you legitimately think a game they could have released this november just with worse graphics and a few missing MP modes needs an entire YEAR to finish? this makes no logical sense to me.

1 Like

This is wrong

I’m in the camp that its just a placeholder. Will leave the topic open until we get a statement or confirmation.

I’d be fine if Halo was given a full year but I strongly believe they are shooting for the fiscal year still. Microsoft fiscal year ends in June and Halo will have a significant impact on what they report out for year over year Game Pass growth.

A year isn’t enough time to overhaul a content complete game and any more than 6 months of a delay is likely a sign there are bigger issues than textures and pop in. So until we know more, I’m putting all my bets that this game is targeted for May if not sooner.

Thanks!