[Guide] Xbox Series X Technology Glossary

Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate it. But to be fair, I have to say that the definitions are from Microsoft itself, even though I know the meaning of each point myself. :wink:

3 Likes

One question, is it set in stone that the storage slot is only reserved as this? Or is it maybe usable for other custom pcie devices and Xbox has keep an backdoor open for other peripherals like wigig to be added maybe later down the line as extensions? (wireless vr cough)

have they said anything about support for ā€œunusualā€ aspect ratios? ie 21:9

SFS brief tech demo from the XSS video today: https://youtu.be/fYtJWIxt3-M?t=169

5 Likes
1 Like

ha ha haā€¦ Iā€™ve been saying this for a while. That to stay within the total power envelop, when the GPU runs close to 2.2GHz, then the CPU will need to run close to 3GHz or lower. So, PS5 CPU will be the slowest CPU. I would expect when you need GPU perf, then you also need CPU perf, so this will affect frame rate.

1 Like

Iā€™m imagining the DF face off where they discover games running on 1080p TVā€™s look identical b/t XSS/XSX, and both beat out PS5 performance. Imagine the reactions. >.>

Today they released an article about how to use the external drives. May be something to add to the OP.

@alesstunechi

3 Likes

Quick resume can be disabled right? #DumbQuestion

I think I heard that yes, you can disable it in the console settings.

1 Like

Austin Evans said yes, it can be disabled, in this video, if I remember correctly:

Donā€™t remember at what minute, though.

2 Likes

Thanks guys.

Linneman when asked if MS has shown any games with RT on the SX.

So dev tools might be part of the problemā€¦ok weā€™ve heard this rumor about the tools before but what else could be a reason for the problems? something hardware wise? any guesses?

Really the only thing is the GDK being new for many console devs. Nothing else makes much sense and that hypothesis fully addresses things. It likely wonā€™t matter this holiday though.

2 Likes

He backtracked on this. He didnā€™t know about Watch Dogs Legion raytracing which will be one of the first games to have it on Series X|S.

He may have been assuming things on that one.

1 Like

Ī¤hanks for the replies guys, so any ā€œproblemsā€ are because of the dev tools that are a new environment for the developers as we have already heard from Richard Leadbetter.