GoldenEye 007 Achievements viewable on Xbox.com

Originally published at: https://xboxera.com/2022/06/05/goldeneye-007-achievements-viewable-on-xbox-com/

The remaster that nearly happened and then didn’t has surfaced again following Rare employees being caught unlocking achievements quite recently, as reported by VGC after being spotted on TrueAchievements.

According to the TrueAchievements, an Xbox profile with the Gamertag ‘BigSheep’ had been playing the as of yet unreleased remaster. Curiously, this tag seemingly belongs to one of Rare’s lead engineers – James Thomas.

Today, Twitter legend Wario64 spotted the achievement list now being live and viewable on the Xbox website. Will the game be revealed and released sooner than we think?

GoldenEye 007 achievements viewable on Xbox's website https://t.co/46FWj70BjZ pic.twitter.com/GZrlVjTM3J

— Wario64 (@Wario64) June 5, 2022

The Xbox+Bethesda showcase is just 7 days away – perhaps we’ll hear and hopefully see more then?

5 Likes

I hope they modernize some of the controls and whatnot and not just a lazy remaster

Xbox Showcase or Summer Games Fest? I wonder what this is more fitting to, since this will apparently be having the Switch version too.

SGF would mean we get to play it earlier and would line up to the “Game Pass surprises” that were teased.

1 Like

If anything, this could be the closest we can get to receiving leak from Xbox.

1 Like

Shadowdrop likely?

People mentioned the anniversary is in August but if the achievements are on the store already its likely releasing earlier than that right?

So any Forza Horizon DLC1 achievements showing too? I’m basically expecting DLC1 to be available the day of the reveal.

1 Like

My bet is on an “available now” announcement at SGF on Thursday.

1 Like

Im tired of this leaking and rumour nonsense now.

Jsut announce the damn thing.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Whenever this topic comes up I like to remind people you can play a remake version of Goldeneye in Far Cry 5 level editor.

I actually think Xbox should make a fps level editor game similar to Mario Maker but with all the Xbox fps properties.

But that would mean buying Far Cry 5

1 Like

Just open the Showcase next Sunday with the Goldeneye music. That would be amazing.

1 Like

hey FC5 is good!

1 Like

Follow graslu00, there are lots of details about the leaked remaster

1 Like

I wonder if it will be announced during this week. I see no reason to announce it during the show (unless there will be 007 game from IO announcement)

Why wouldn’t you announce it during the show? It’s literally the best place to do it

2 Likes

I don’t see it is that exciting announcement on the show.

“Hey, this game from 30 years ago is coming to game pass” :fire: If they couple it with IO’s game, then I would be fine with it, but I am not sure if it should be something bigger than a Twitter post. It like that Quake Remaster.

Strongly disagree and im not even someone that grew up with N64, I was a Playstation/Sega guy

It’s an old game and its all nostalgia but this is absolutely big enough deal to have at the show, people have been asking for it for years

Will be a bigger deal than probably any indie announcement that gets made at the very least

2 Likes

It is not like it is a good comparison in the first place :sweat_smile: At least indie games are relatively new.

That’s why I said - if it goes with new 007 game, then it is fine. But by itself?

I could understand if it was a remake FF7R level, but a plain remaster?

New or not, this “old” game will get a lot more attention than those indies

This isn’t me hating on indies btw, indies are great and some of the best games on the market but if those games are big enough for the show, then a remaster of one of the most iconic games ever made is too