Forza Motorsport was the most impressive thing shown for next gen. Why no love?

I agree Forza looked fantastic. There was lot of great news from the MS event like Forza and Dragon Quest but I think Halo brought everything down. Everyone just wanted to talk about Halo not looking great and ignored everything else.

3 Likes

Project Mara looks cool, but I wonder if xbox will allow VR by then.

It looked better then the GT7 trailer if you asked me.

It wasnā€™t enough in my opinion. I know weā€™re in a pandemic and all, but I expected more from this game in particular. Like, I expected CGI trailers from Fable and Avowed, but Forza Motorsport is a great way to show off next-gen.

So while it looked very pretty, it also wasnā€™t enough.

Game is far off, visuals not quite representative of what weā€™ll see (or at least, no proof itā€™ll be), the gameā€™s far off, and Hellblade 2 and such had much more bombastic trailers in terms of style. Forzaā€™s qualities are known, but many were expecting an actual gameplay showcase to show that. It didnā€™t happen. Hype will arrive in due time.

We didnā€™t see XSX gameplay. Gamers donā€™t want to be disappointed.

I could have been excited if they could just tell which PC hardware it is running on.

Also it was shown in 30 fps video.

forza in engine looked better then gt 7 in engine trailer but gt7 at least showed gameplay. The gameplay made it look like gt sport at 4k 60 fps with a little ray tracing but at least they showed something

No love? Thereā€™s no info and the footage that was shown was already discussed. Most discussions just turns into wishlists anyway. I rather wait until Chris Esaki shows up again on Forza Monthly to tease some more stuff.

As others have said, they didnā€™t show enough to get really hyped. Once they can show some actual gameplay on real hardware, Iā€™m sure itā€™ll get plenty of attention.

1 Like

AAA racing games usually look good. Would be more impressed by Forza if they had showed actual gameplay instead of ā€œin-engineā€ footage which can mean a variety of things.

1 Like

For one, nothing was CGI. The ray tracing shown in the garage was the best Ray Tracing shown so far for either console. And we can compare the garage scene of GT7 and FM and see a big difference in the RT. There were lower resolution RT and even missing reflections in GT7 compared to FM. And PD are no hacks when it comes to graphics. So for me it was the most impressive thing we saw in that show case.

No gameplay was shown, and people probably expected a lot to be shown since there hasnā€™t been a new Forza since Horizon 4 and Forza used to get a game every year for a while now.

Most people donā€™t care for racing games either.

The garage scene really did look better in FM, on-track scenesā€¦ Itā€™s debatable. GT7 showed more variety, but more importantly, it also showed actual gameplay, so people assume that what theyā€™ve seen is the actual game in its current state (which is likely to keep improving). Meanwhile, Forzaā€™s in-engine cinematics without gameplay could be prettied up beyond whatā€™s going to be possible on the actual hardware (in-engine doesnā€™t neccessarily also mean real-time, unless specified). People are cautious because Halo Infiniteā€™s in-engine trailer looked far better than the latest gameplay presentation, and even if you go back to the FM5 in-engine reveal, we didnā€™t actualy see such detailed graphics in the game, except for maybe in the Forzavista mode (the game was still gorgeous, however, in some ways better looking than FM6 and maybe even FM7).