Final Fantasy VII: Remake Rumour

Waited this long already, I’ll be waiting for the definitive version.

2 Likes

I’m sure I’ll get it eventually if it comes to Xbox, but I hated the combat in the demo and I’m not a fan of the story changes I’ve heard were made, so it definitely won’t be a day one purchase for me.

I know it’s not going to happen, but I would love Xbox to write a big fat check to make part 2 a timed exclusive for Xbox instead. I’m not usually a fan of lots of salt (except on my eggs), but damn it would be delicious.

1 Like

Yep

1 Like

Does this reads like: We want to group FF titles with FF14 and 7R like we did with Yakuza to anyone else?

4 Likes

I could see that.

i mean everyone knew this was happening already

they add content to justify releasing 1 year later

On February 5-6th there is supposed to be a livestream about Final Fantasy, so I guess if there are any news, it should be there.

1 Like

I’ll make a bold prediction and say that next month we’ll get an Inside Xbox stream where one of the announcements will be FFVII remake coming to gamepass.

2 Likes

That would be awesome. I think the 1 year exckusivity end in april, so not to far away. Hopefully we get a true next gen version. Then I wouldn’t be sad to have waited a whole year anymore.

I’d imagine it wouldn’t be next gen enhanced and instead Series X owners would just get the One X enchanced version. I could be wrong though. It’d be a good time to release a PS5 update too.

Stop with the non sense. Of course, it will be updated for XSX.

Would be extremely surprised if it does come to that so doubt.

Eventually? Yes sure. On day 1? That’s up in the air. Plenty of games are coming out without Series X|S patches.

By the time it comes out its april. I honestly would be surprised if they wouldn’t have a next gen patch ready 6 month after the gen started

Could be a cyberpunk situation where they up the resolution and some effects and offer a performance mode or something like that.

1 Like

Okay, yeah. I just don’t think there will be a situation where PS5 version of a game have a next-gen patch but not XSX and S. I mean, it’s easier to make a next-gen patch for Xbox, so it could be the other way around.

I wasn’t suggesting PS5 would get a patch and Xbox Series wouldn’t. I meant that it coming to Xbox would also be a good excuse to patch it for PS5 to boost the games hype again. A next gen patch would obviously come to every platform in the same timeframe.

1 Like

It’s a Square Enix game on Xbox so a fuck up has almost the same chances as doing the logical thing. :stuck_out_tongue:

Let’s all hope that they will not gimp this release. :laughing:

1 Like

I’m not sure I’d hold my breath on this coming to Xbox

Τruth is that they haven’t said anything about an Xbox version…that will definitely be interesting…

Gotta love the selective Xbox support from SE AND Sony’s moneyhats. lol

2 Likes