E3 + Summer Game Fest |OT|

They are still marketing Xbox as part of the Summer Game Fest lol

6 Likes

So Microsoft won E3?

1 Like

Da fuck. So only about that game for Bandai Namco? It’s like Tales of Arise doesn’t even exist, lol

The question is…a reveal for BOTW2 would this fall under “don’t expect it” or can we expect it? The dev earlier this year said they would talk about BOTW2 later this year.

Don’t know if the translation is right or not, but it seems you won’t be able to make a live reaction to Nintendo’s E3 :

Nintendo Direct OT:

Metroid Dread lives !

So with this E3 being all said and done, my only complaint of Xbox’s E3 showing has been amended (weak Japanese lineup showing in the Xbox show).

Got some extremely surprising ports and new announcements, like Rune Factory 4, Final Fantasy Origin, and the Fatal Frame 5 port, all coming to Xbox.

Hopefully this is a sign that I don’t have to count so heavily on the Xbox show for Japanese announcements and ports (for Xbox versions) anymore.

4 Likes

Yeah, Rune Factory 4, Fatal Frame 5, FF Origin, Astelier Ascending, That Chronicles Game are all nice surprises with Japanese Support. With the new Tales of, I’m feeling happier about it. Could be better, but for now, it’s not bad.

4 Likes

Even Doki Doki Literature Club managed to find its way into Xbox!

7 Likes

I’m happy that Japanese support for Xbox is getting better.

We’re even getting Judgment 2 Day and Date!

It’s slowly getting better, now we just need a JRPG studio.

6 Likes

Yeah, the “bad guys” of this E3 are Platinum Games, which skipped again Xbox, fortunately Babylon’s Fall seems terrible, so no big deal.

Yeaaah I’m gonna go ahead and say that they actually don’t have a good relationship with Xbox, despite them saying they do. It was one thing that W101 skipped Xbox because “the engine is difficult to make work on Xbox”, but even their pixel shmup is skipping it, which would not be a struggle to make run on Xbox at all.

Babylon looks terrible yes, and Bayo 3 is STILL MIA. Platinum hasn’t been good since Automata released… Even Astral Chain was underwhelming to me.

Just crazy that Bandai will only be about House of Ashes.

I mean they got a few other games that could definitely need some attention. One is coming in September, the other one is January next year. It’s unfortunate.

So:

Xbox: 8.5/10

Summer Game Fest Opening: 7/10

Ubisoft: 7/10

Nintendo Direct: 6/10

Everything else gets a 4/10 and Take Two a 1/10.

1 Like

Far too generous to give Gearbox a 4/10.

3 Likes

I’ll give it 1 Sweaty Randy holding Godfall out of 10

5 Likes

I just can’t help but being baffled by how Bandai has just this one game. A nice deep dive of Tales of Arise would be great, especially since it’s coming in September.

But there’s enough time for that, but still.

Given how lite some of the other conferences were due to COVID, could we realistically expect much from Gamescom?

Is that even a thing this year?

I’d give the Tribeca Game Showcase an 8/10 too. There were some rad-as-hell games shown there.

1 Like