DIRT 5 gameplay for Xbox Series S during EDX daily wrap up 5:30pm BST!

have they even confirmed ray-tracing for the game?

The game does not support Ray Tracing. It is 4K and up to 120 FPS on the Series X, probably 1080p / 60 FPS on the Series S.

Oh :expressionless:

If its 4K120 on XSX, then I hope it will be 1080p120 on XSS.

1 Like

Looks and runs exactly like I expected a 1080p-1440p machine to look like.

Cant wait for the fake outrage of S holding back games

Iā€™ve already seen comments elsewhere that it looks like itā€™s running on Switch lol

Looked fun! Not the kind of track/car Iā€™d choose to show anything off with though. Now I want to see the XSX version with all the bells and whistles.

I just think itā€™s crazy how weā€™re literally scraping for gameplay on these next gen xboxes. This was a minute and a half and looked pretty decent and how we expected it to.

Watch Dogs Legion and Assassinsā€™s Creed Valhalla, again, just a few seconds.

All these make me think there shall be a proper gameplay blowout sometime near in the future with proper long form gameplays (around 5 minute demos), at least thatā€™s what I hope.

This is also the problem relying sooo much on third parties during launch, Xbox themselves have nothing to definitively show designed around and running on the Series X and have to let these third parties with their marketing budgets do it themselves on random corners of the internet.

Hereā€™s a trailer for PS5/XSX

PS5/XSX Gameplay

It is 4K/60 on Series X and 1440/60 on Series S. It has a 120fps mode on Series X but I donā€™t think they have confirmed a resolution for that. I would assume 1440p/120 on the X based on similar graphics card performance. There could potentially be a 120fps mode on Series S but they would probably have to drop the resolution to 900p for that and maybe the visuals were just not clean enough at that resolution. They would have probably announced a 120fps mode for Series S if it exists.

Something curious going on there. The clip starts out in a rather low framerate, thatā€™s immediately noticeable, a bit blurry too and after a few seconds into it itā€™s crisp as hell and smooth as butter too.

So we basically go from PS5 to XSX there.

I kid, I kid. :wink:

1 Like

Highly disappointing!

What is Xbox even thinking? First Halo and now this!

The worst possible way to showcase the gameplay on a next gen console.

If this carry on Xbox fails šŸ¤¦

With some bandwidth restrictions in place, doesnā€™t it make sense to use the Series S gameplay at 1080/60? Particularly with the display researh showing market saturation is still skewed to 1080p sets?

That said, I still want the full 4k/60/HDR feed to watch on my OLED! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

yeah the framerate was inconsistent as hell. Just pause the video and press < or > and youā€™ll see some frames staying longer than others, yikes. Hope that shit is fixed before release. The gameplay and visuals themselves looked pretty tight tho.

I stand corrected. :+1:

That looked pretty good. 1440p max on youtube from what i could choose. The only thing i noticed were the very flatness of the ground. but immm probably looking for something that really isnt there because that looked damn solid. lol

You can tell it is Series S - looks kind of muddy. Iā€™m sure the X version will look much better

I think itā€™s just the trackā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m here for all the dad humor. Love it :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, this will probably be my day one next-gen buy, everything else is on Game Pass for my launch. Looks stunning, a lot better than Codiesā€™ usual games visually. Excited about the editor, too.

I donā€™t think so. The PS5/SX footage I saw elsewhere is significantly crisper with better textures.