Games Analysis |OT| Time To Argue About Pixels And Frames!

Fear has nothing to do with it. Disappointment is more accurate.

8 Likes

PS5 was definitely more ready than Xbox come launch. If this is happening next year than maybe there is cause for concern but as of now just 1st year kinks.

Last Gen it was xbox games not being up to par with ps4 games and that went away later on.

3 Likes

Is MS going to comment on this or just pretend no one is noticing how bad games are running on the X? It’s becoming the norm now.

3 Likes

I know the why, still disappointed.

Eh, last gen launch Xbox had crap hardware. This time was supposed to be different.

2 Likes

It’s only disappointing if you want to be able to say your console is performing best online though. I mean normal gamers don’t even know this stuff.

The Xbox performance will increase and bugs will be ironed out in the games too.

Back the summer Phil said he was concerned about how much impact on their tools and software development Covid was having and it’s clear they were a bit behind here anyway. The devs face the same issues and it’s impacting Xbox more since their GDK and tools came in hot.

2 Likes

The only game that runs “bad” is Valhalla cause its one game mode but the Series X is performing up to par with PS5 in most cases. I swear not everything is negative good lord.

1 Like

Nah, this just isn’t good enough MS. You need to get ahead of this and give some explaination for what’s happening. Time to give the loyal customers some idea of what’s going on.

3 Likes

Doesnt change the reality of the xbox toolkits not being done till June/July and Covid hitting every corner of the world.

1 Like

Casuals dont care and hardcore people are a minority. They dont have to answer anything.

1 Like

There is literally no area in which the XSX exceeds the PS 5 version. The PS5 has higher resolution, higher performance, and better textures and details. Don’t defend things that shouldn’t be defended.

This is nothing like the launch last time. I mean you were talking 720p on Xbox. We are talking relatively minor differences by comparison and the knowledge that unlike last gen it will improve and isn’t down to hardware issues.

Like I said… I know the reasons why it is like this. That doesn’t change the fact that it’s disappointing. I always give the PS-community shit for being a cult, please don’t be like them. COVID har impacted everyone, that is not a unique Xbox-factor.

3 Likes

GDK was not done in June. It was the first release that allowed certification but there are many performance notes.

Likely not all performance issues are fixed at the moment even.

DMCV performing better in 3 out of 4 game modes just goes by people huh cause that doesnt fit any agenda Or offering more 120fps modes in games and VRR features and all that. I swear you people JUST focus on the negatives.

1 Like

Don’t exaggerate things that are minor and need pointing out by tech sites. Just enjoy games and stop worrying about being able to point score. In a year if Xbox performance pulls ahead how will it make any difference to you at all?

3 Likes

Sure, but people actually Google things you know, and if they don’t the sales people in stores certainly would, and a potential customer told " Games look better on.PS compared to XSX" together with “XSX doesn’t have the best games at launch” isn’t going to persuade anyone to buy the console. And MS need more people to buy their console this gen than did the last.

1 Like

Im not being a cult but its facts that the playstation toolset is literally an extension of the previous gen one which makes development way easier. An if its to be believed they been ready since 2019.

Id love to see the Series X outperform the ps5 like the hardware specs indicate it should but the reality of the situation is different right now but that doesnt hamper what the console is offering beyond a couple of pixels and extra foliage.

DMCV shouldn’t be used by anyone to promote any console. It’s shit.

Telling people they should buy a new TV isn’t a sales pitch MS would want to use. And even then, VRR isn’t going to increase resolution or textures.

Oh ok so DMCV doesnt count cause it makes your argument irrelevant and I shouldn’t use one of the key features of the series x cause you say so. Okay.

1 Like

Yeah well, It’s bordering PS-community behaviour when a huge Xbox-fan like myself who posts here a lot, and not trolling, is always met with the “sssssshhhhh, there is nothing to see”-responses. Why cant we be disappointed in "the world’s most powerful console’ underperforming? Stop being so freaking defensive all the time, not you personally but everyone.

5 Likes